Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation tests??

(7 Posts)
EmilyPinkOrBlue Fri 21-Feb-14 09:36:59

This is only my first month trying but if this month isn't the month than I think I will try the ovulation packs. Can you recommend a brand? can you get cheapies like pregnancy tests? Do you use them everyday or only when you think you are ovulating?
Your help and opinions appreciated smile

WowserBowser Fri 21-Feb-14 09:52:43

I've just had some arrive from Amazon. They were cheap but seem a bit rubbish.

My friend recommended zoombaby.co.uk. She said they helped her and her friend get pregnant first month.

babyrose Fri 21-Feb-14 09:58:04

I use first step from amazon and think they are great. Got 30 for £5 I usually ovulate round about the same time so I know when to test.

SaRaRaRaRa Fri 21-Feb-14 10:15:50

I use one step, same as babyrose. This month I used clearblue advanced digitals, didn't get on with them though, they are supposed to show high fertility and also peak but I never got the peak. And they are £25 for 10 tests shock

AttilaTheMeerkat Fri 21-Feb-14 10:23:52

If your periods are irregular in nature they are a waste of money. I would avoid using these things altogether.

Also usage of such kits are not without problems and are certainly not infallible. These kits work on two misleading principles, namely that there is one rise in LH every month and that such a rise is followed by ovulation. Both of these are simply not true.

m33r Fri 21-Feb-14 10:28:57

I use cheapies from about day 10. As soon as the line starts to get dark I switch to cb diggies (not the ones that you give you flashy smiles). I do this because I cann't always decide if the test line is darker than test line so as soon as shows any darkening colour I switch. Usually get two days without smiley then get my smiley face. A pack of 10 is expensive but this way they last me longer and I get the reassuring smiley.

I should add that I've been trying for 15 months and using these for 9 so maybe not the way to go!!

Good luck!

EmilyPinkOrBlue Fri 21-Feb-14 11:14:03

Thanks ladies - they sound a bit fiddly perhaps dtd everyday might be easier lol might kill oh though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now