Talk

Advanced search

TTC #3 at 42 years old...

(5 Posts)
lindamagoo Wed 19-Feb-14 11:39:11

Ok so I had my first DS when I was 38, second DS when I was 40 and here I am at 42 about to try again. Just came off the pill on valentines day so not expecting anything to happen anytime soon. Would love some buddies to join me for the ride smilesmilesmile

fairypangolin Wed 19-Feb-14 11:54:20

Can I ask why you want to try for no 3? I had no 1 at 34 and no 2 at 40 after IVF (no reason why couldn't conceive naturally but time was marching on and the advice was now or never). DD is now 4 months and I can't decide whether to just wait and see if there is a no 3 or get the implant again. DH thinks 2 is enough in light of our age (he is 44) and finances (although we are not badly off). I can agree with him completely on a rational level but my heart is not satisfied with those arguments no matter how impeccable!

lindamagoo Wed 19-Feb-14 12:04:06

Hi fairy, we have talked about it for over a year now, tried for a while last year but had to stop cause I needed to go in to hospital for an op and went back on the pill then. I guess my reasons are simple, I've just not felt fully satisfied with 2, can't stop thinking about adding 1 more to the family, my oh is 36 and it was actually his idea to try again now. Financially we should be ok but we would need a bigger house. I just feel like I'm ready for 1 more little bundle of joy smile

fairypangolin Wed 19-Feb-14 14:33:15

That all makes sense! I think for me the main stumbling block is whether I can manage to just wait and see and not get caught up in the whole horror of TTC and failing again. However I am also not keen on having to lose baby weight for a third time!

Good luck, I hope it works for you.

lindamagoo Wed 19-Feb-14 15:03:12

Yeah we said we would be more relaxed about trying this time incase it doesn't happen or something goes wrong but it's easier said than done, I'll get all excited every month just to be disappointed every month hmm The baby weight is freaking me out a but aswell coz it's not easy to shift but fingers crossed I won't gain too much, lol. Good luck to you whatever you decide...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now