Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Quick Question

(6 Posts)
Isabeau1980 Tue 18-Feb-14 19:17:35

Hey wise and wonderful people of Mumsnet can you help? NC for this as normal nickname is far too recognisable in RL and am keeping this under my hat for the moment.

Anyway, onto my question. Just wondering, how long after coming off of the pill did you start having a period again? I came off of the pill in January and was wondering when to expect AF again. I was on the pill for around 18 years (put on it as a teen for horrifically painful and heavy periods.)

I know it hasn't been long but I've had pains in my side, abdominal cramps and tender breasts amongst some other TMI symptoms.

Anyone any advice?

TheresALight Wed 19-Feb-14 20:52:14

Hi,

I came off the pill in January too, after using it for about 10 years. (Logynon for 9 years, and Cerazelle for the last 12 months so had no periods for the last year).

I took my last pill on 13th Jan and AF arrived on 15th Feb.

I was beginning to worry as was expecting something to happen much sooner. Try not to get too stressed out while you're waiting because you never know how long it's going to take!

What day did you finish your pill?

TheresALight Wed 19-Feb-14 20:57:04

Ps- I've also had achey breasts and a variety of cramps and aches in my abdomen/ pelvis/ ovary area.

I found it so frustrating not knowing if these were early signs of pregnancy or just menstrual symptoms. The symptoms seem to be so similar, and it was annoying not knowing what was 'normal' for me as I hadn't had a natural period for so many years xx

Isabeau1980 Wed 19-Feb-14 22:12:27

I had my last pill the same day as you. But I waa on Cilest. I started on Microgynon for the first few years but it's been Cilest pretty much since I was 18.

TheresALight Thu 06-Mar-14 11:17:09

Any news yet Isabeau?

Isabeau1980 Sat 29-Mar-14 22:45:00

Haven't been around much but I'm happy to say that it arrived on Thursday.

For the first time since I was in primary school I was caught short by it blush but I was so happy that it actually turned up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now