Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

HSG results

(13 Posts)
LAM1 Tue 18-Feb-14 14:39:08

Quick question.....I had a HSG this morning, I have to wait till my next appointment for the results - that's at the end of May! Is it normal to have to wait that long?
Thanks!!

Annie1109 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:15:39

I had an HSG last year and had to wait until my next appointment for the official results so it's probably the norm :-(

Roshbegosh Sun 23-Feb-14 22:17:21

It seems unfair given that the result was there looking at them on the screen during the HSG. Maybe they need that plus other bold results etc and then to consider them all together.

Christelle2207 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:21:05

At mine the radiologist turned up and discussed results informally with me afterwards. Was a fairly straightforward "nothing wrong" chat though and usually the radiologist not present so doesn't always happen.

LAM1 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:38:15

Thanks ladies, all this waiting is rather frustrating!

Annie1109 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:45:51

the radiologist did say "I don't see any blockages" but that was the extent of what she said to me, she didn't go into any other detail. It's very unfair to keep you waiting to long :-(

happylass Mon 24-Feb-14 18:06:55

The radiologist told me that everything was clear then I had a letter from my consultant confirming this about 2-3 weeks later. Still haven't had my follow up appointment after HSG 5 weeks after it was done. Seems very unfair to keep you waiting. Can you ring FC and ask them to give/send you the result?

LAM1 Mon 24-Feb-14 20:54:12

I may try that happylass. My follow up is 3 months later, that's a long wait!!

MinnieMooMoo Thu 27-Feb-14 14:04:25

I had a HSG and they showed me the images straight away and said they were clear.

eurochick Thu 27-Feb-14 14:23:50

That is a long wait. I had to wait a few weeks after mine for the follow up appointment, but during the HSG the radiologist pointed out the dye spilling out of the tubes on the screen so I knew the tubes were clear.

Lauren83 Thu 27-Feb-14 20:04:43

Can't believe they make you wait so long, when I was having ivf I had to wait 3 months for blood results but with the HSG they told me then and there, and it was bad news x

LAM1 Thu 27-Feb-14 21:28:14

I have it in my head that its bad news as they didn't say anything there and then....
They had offered my an earlier appointment, 2 months wait rather than 3, but it clashes with a work course that I can not miss - so I have to wait till that's finished. The hospital only has clinics 1 day a week and that happens to be the same day of my course. Damn!

Roshbegosh Fri 28-Feb-14 06:45:39

Try not to worry. If the tubes aren't right you will need IVF. It will not be the end of the world.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now