Talk

Advanced search

Ttc for 10months now missed period...

(15 Posts)
NannyGR Mon 17-Feb-14 19:51:53

Hi, I've been ttc for 10months and am normally like clockwork, although now I'm 6 days late yet test is showing negative! Has anyone experienced this? Could I be pregnant but to early to show up yet?? Any advice would be greatfull thanks

whenskiesareblue Mon 17-Feb-14 19:59:18

Hi, I just posted about this on another thread - BFN but no AF... I'm on CD31 and usually have 26 day cycles roughly. Tested yesterday morning and BFN...
No advice but I have an idea how you're feeling - and after 10 months it must be so hard not knowing... Really hope it works out for you. X

NannyGR Mon 17-Feb-14 20:06:30

I'm on CD34 and never normally go over a 28day cycle! Just really want to know now as I'm going wedding dress shopping tomorrow :-/ is it possible to have conceived in the past 2 weeks and that's why it's not showing up?? God I hate all this waiting around! Fingers crossed for you :-) x

whenskiesareblue Mon 17-Feb-14 22:33:50

From extensive googling, I reckon most likely explanations are false negative (pleeease!) due to late ovulation or late AF due to late ovulation.

I think I prob will end up with AF as had a chemical preg in December which may be messing with my cycles. But who knows... TTC can be so draining can't it??

Keep me posted on what happens with you. Are you going to test again? I'm planning dr appointment if this carries on. X

whenskiesareblue Mon 17-Feb-14 22:34:46

Ps wedding dress shopping!! Very exciting, enjoy xx when is the big day?

Blueuggboots Mon 17-Feb-14 22:36:37

I was a week late and tested with a chemist bought test - negative.
Went and signed all the finance documents for my new 2 door car.
Saturday - did a hospital test which was positive!!!

whenskiesareblue Mon 17-Feb-14 22:42:31

That's the kind of story I like! X

NannyGR Tue 18-Feb-14 12:11:12

The big day is in august! Am going to test again today and then book a doctors appointment. Any news your end whenskiesareblue x

whenskiesareblue Tue 18-Feb-14 16:44:38

I guess knowing whether you'll have to accommodate bump in dress would be useful!

No news. Weirdly I'm no longer expecting AF! I know that's ridiculous but I just don't feel it's on the way. Nor do I feel pregnant. Go figure!

Will prob test in morning. Then cry (self-pity party!)

NannyGR Tue 18-Feb-14 17:01:31

I ment test again tomorrow, so will be thinking of you when I do tomorrow, I know what you mean though, I just don't 'feel' pregnant. But then I guess I don't really know what it feels like. Just my periods are always like clockwork so strange that I'm now a week late!! X

whenskiesareblue Tue 18-Feb-14 17:54:22

Good luck with the test, let me know what happens! Will update here too x

whenskiesareblue Wed 19-Feb-14 08:10:11

BFN for me. Any news Nanny?

NannyGR Wed 19-Feb-14 08:59:13

BFN also for me (presuming that means negative, not up to date with all these abbreviations lol) have a doctors appointment book for today so hopefully may find out what's going on!! X

whenskiesareblue Wed 19-Feb-14 10:29:33

Yes, bfn is Big Fat Negative! Kind of sums it up!

I've just got back from doctor. She thinks it's a hormonal blip due to early miscarriage in December but I'm going to have some bloods done just to check on hormones and stuff. It feels good to be having some support.

Good luck at doctor, hope it's reassuring x

NannyGR Wed 19-Feb-14 15:37:07

Doctor said to give it a week and if still no period test again and if negative come in for blood test! Fingers crossed I get a positive test next week. Fingers crossed for you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now