Talk

Advanced search

Amazing SA results - for anyone worried about sperm

(5 Posts)
Solaia Sat 15-Feb-14 22:12:32

Hey

I don't have anyone to share my excitement with in real life I'm afraid but I wanted to share my DH's amazing sperm analysis results (sorry that sounds gross!)

We have unexplained infertility and have been trying for 2.5 years, now on ivf waiting list. DH's first SA results 9 months ago showed sperm count of 25million and progressive motility 15%. Not absolutely fatal but pretty poor results, especially for a guy in his 20s.

We have been on a strict vitamin/exercise/eating properly plan since then and his SA results last week were sperm count 90million and progressive motility 60%! We are amazed and delighted.

Vitamins he takes are:

Multivitamin and minerals
Vitamin C and Zinc
Folic acid
B6
B complex
Magnesium

Although we don't take fancy ones, just supermarket/boots own brand.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone's DP was thinking of taking vits - totally worth it.

Fingers crossed we never need to reach the top of the ivf list!

bellaboo88 Mon 17-Feb-14 07:44:36

Wow, congrats to you both on upping the results!

Really had no idea vitamins worked...will be making sure my fella takes his!

Hope you get your bfp before ivf but good luck x

Zermatt Mon 17-Feb-14 09:48:19

Fantastic Solaia, that's some improvement! Thanks so much for sharing as it's really interesting to know. Will keep my fx for you that this makes just the difference you both need to get your BFP smile

Ladymillion Mon 17-Feb-14 09:54:18

Thanks for sharing that's amazing!!

Solaia Wed 19-Feb-14 18:30:13

Thanks all smile

If I had thought it would make such a difference we would have started on the vitamins years ago, definitely an easy and relatively cheap way to 'help' TTC.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now