Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Coming off pill in 10 days for #1. Advice, please?

(5 Posts)
alizeeod Sat 15-Feb-14 09:14:17

It's a very exciting time! I'm 27 and very in love.
So so broody, especially as I'm a nanny and surrounded by kids all day every day!
My pack of Dianette ends in 10 days and after my bleed ends I'll get cracking, I guess?
I'm new to all this and read that until my natural cycle comes back I won't be able to conceive, is that true? I've only been on the pill for 5 months...
Eager to join you all on TTC buses!
Thanks and good luck to everyone :-)

Snowflake27 Sat 15-Feb-14 17:00:51

You could head over to the recently come of the pill and TTC thread, we are all equally clueless but at least we're clueless together! Most of us have been on the pill for years though so if you've only been on 5 months Im guessing it shouldnt take so long for your cycles to get back to normal. Also you can start TTC as soon as you stop taking the pill and you may fall straight away, or some people chose to use other contraception until their cycles return to normal so they have a better idea of when they are ovulating and due AF, but you don't have to wait. Good luck!

laughalot Sat 15-Feb-14 17:10:04

Gosh I don't think there is any rhyme or reason with the pill. My first child was conceived 10 months after I came off the pill had been on it around 7 years, and my second child was conceived in the first month of me being off it and I was on it for 2 years after having my first. Good luck xx

SagaNorensLeatherTrousers Sat 15-Feb-14 17:30:18

There is indeed no rhyme or reason. Good luck! thanks

naty1 Sun 16-Feb-14 13:44:06

Start taking folic acid

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: