Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Late period negative test result?!

(11 Posts)
Milliemoo66 Wed 12-Feb-14 20:49:22

Late period negative test?!
Hi everyone I'm really hoping to get some advice!
My husband and I have been trying for a baby for approximately a year without success.

I am regular as CLOCKWORK with my periods and always suffer from very very sore boobs approximately 12 days before a period........however I am currently a day overdue and have NO sore boobs so I don't envisage a period anytime soon.

I did a clear blue digital test (early detection) 3 days before my period was due and this was negative and then did a second just one sure the following day?

The last period I had started on 19th January (whilst on honeymoon!) and I usually have a 26 day cycle.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up and have a doctors appointment on Monday (as I was concerned that nothing was happening!) but now I'm worried that my periods may have stopped altogether for no reason?!

I'm not sure if it helps, but I am 31 years old

Any help or advice would be so welcomed!

littlemisswine Wed 12-Feb-14 21:13:23

try a 1st response early response test they are more sensitive than clearblue. boots sell them but make sure its early response not easy to read as I made that mistake

naty1 Wed 12-Feb-14 21:22:27

When do you usually ovulate?

Milliemoo66 Wed 12-Feb-14 21:22:52

Ah ok, I've read that clear blue tests aren't as accurate as some others. I'll buy a first response early response tomorrow. Thank you for the tip x

Milliemoo66 Wed 12-Feb-14 21:24:04

I usually ovulate a few days (2-4) after a period

Milliemoo66 Wed 12-Feb-14 21:25:54

Naty1 - that's an approximate as I've only just started monitoring this ( and only recently found out how I know this!) x

littlemisswine Wed 12-Feb-14 21:27:22

the 1st response one shows up a small amount of the hcg hormone where clearblue isnt as sensitive

Milliemoo66 Wed 12-Feb-14 21:31:23

Oh ok, I'll stock up on some of those then! I just assumed that clear blue were the best tests put there, after reading some threads I've got that totally wrong!
Thanks for the advice I'll keep you posted

Writerwannabe83 Wed 12-Feb-14 21:44:03

I used a Clear Blue test initially as the box said it could be used up to 3 days before your period is due. I used it 2 days before I expected my period and although I was pregnant (as I found out 2 days later via another brand of test) it still came up with a negative result.

Good luck testing in the morning smile

Sometimesbrunette Wed 12-Feb-14 21:48:59

Try again in a couple of days. I got a BFN and a BFN the next day

Milliemoo66 Fri 14-Feb-14 07:16:57

Ok I couldn't wait until tomorrow so have just done one of the first response tests (first urine of the morning) and it's negative
Although after checking I am only 1 day late!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now