Talk

Advanced search

NEW AND NEED ADVICE PLEASE

(4 Posts)
sarah3369 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:59:20

Hi i am new to this. I have recently had a missed miscarriage. Found out i was pregnant just before christmas 2013 went for 1st scan january 2014 and no baby or pregnancy detected. Was told i had miscarried early in the pregnancy. I have had no pain or bleeding. Last period was 9th october 2013. This would have been my 1st pregnancy had been trying for over a year.

My doctor has put me on norethisterone. I take 3 tablets for 10 days and then hopefully i will bleed. What i am wondering is can i get pregnant taking these and will i ovulate? Can they help me ovulate?

Thank you for your time in reading and look forward to your advice. xx

woodwaj Wed 12-Feb-14 17:24:42

Hi sarah. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage!

I have used norethisterone to bring on a period and it did work. The idea is that once your period is back ovulation should follow. You may want to invest in some cheap opks on amazon so you have an idea or even temp if you can?

My period arrived about 3 days after my last tablet x

sarah3369 Sat 15-Feb-14 09:54:27

Hi thank you for your reply. I have now taken my last tablet so now just a case of waiting to see if i bleed or not. I am going to invest in some ovulation kits and start tracking. Hopefully that will help. xx

woodwaj Sat 15-Feb-14 10:10:40

I would just invest in some cheap ones on amazon. I have wasted loads of money on clearblue. good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now