Talk

Advanced search

Positive result followed by lots of negatives

(10 Posts)
orangemoon Wed 12-Feb-14 15:40:00

I'm thinking it's probably just a dodgy pregnancy test but over a week ago I got a faint but definitely there positive, no other pregnancy symptoms to have been testing everyday since and all tests have been negative.
I have pcos and my cycle is all over the place, in fact I got my first period last month since starting ttc nearly 2 years ago!
Feeling really confused about the tests now.

naty1 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:07:07

Chemical pregnancy maybe?
Have you seen gp about no cycles?
I believe they can induce periods if you are too long between.
How are you ttc with no periods?
If youve been trying 2 years without success have you had blood tests etc and a SA?

orangemoon Wed 12-Feb-14 16:12:38

I thought about chemical pregnancy.
I'm under gp and consultant for lack of periods ect, have had various meds to induce period but only HRT works but you can't get pregnant on that, technically I've not had a period for nearly 10 years as been on contraception since ds was born.

naty1 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:14:02

Metformin?

orangemoon Wed 12-Feb-14 16:24:01

I've mentioned metformin to gp a few times but she isn't keen on prescribing it, said consultant might but he wants me to try provera for the 4th time even though it's not worked before, feel like I'm going in circles with it all and the having to wait all the time sucks.

naty1 Wed 12-Feb-14 16:50:21

Im only on it for ivf (get the feeling its expensive)
I would have liked to see what cycles would be like with it.

woodwaj Wed 12-Feb-14 17:26:37

I have pcos and didnt have a period for a year i was given norethisterone. You could try asking for that?

LAM1 Wed 12-Feb-14 18:01:18

I've just been given norethistorone, from what I understood it doesn't give you a true period just a bleed....took tablets for 5 days, bleed 2 days after stopping. No time for ovulation and a real period 14 days later. Could be wrong though?!

woodwaj Wed 12-Feb-14 19:06:23

I was given clomid with my norethisterone so maybe that made the difference?

naty1 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:53:30

Yeah its progesterone so its the last half of cycle after ovulation.
But after bleed may build up to ovulation.
But they may want you to do another pg test to make sure

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now