Talk

Advanced search

Conceiving when your cycle is only 24-27 days long

(14 Posts)
Normalisavariantofcrazy Tue 11-Feb-14 18:00:22

I've had two mc's one at 9 weeks when prior to that I was having normal 28 day cycles, between that mc and my next one my cycles slowly reduced to 26 days then I had a 5 week mc and now 2 months on I've had a 25 then a 24 day cycle.

My GP is disinterested and shrugged her shoulders and said this is my new normal.

Doesn't feel very normal.

Anyone successfully conceived with such a short cycle? If so when do you ovulate?

hillyhilly Tue 11-Feb-14 18:03:50

My cycle was 26 days long and I conceived twice, I ovulated 14 days before the start of my period so needed to start DTD almost as soon as my period finished

cathpip Tue 11-Feb-14 18:12:45

Same here, have 2dc am pregnant with no3 (1 miscarriage). My cycle is 25 days and I ovulate around 10 days after I finish my period, so pretty much get down to it straight away and continue up until my period.

BumpNGrind Tue 11-Feb-14 21:48:20

My cycles are 24 days, it's a PITA but at least I don't have to wait to long for my next cycle. B6 has previously helped my lengthen my luteal phase so my cycles, that month at least, was 28 days long.

Normalisavariantofcrazy Wed 12-Feb-14 10:16:04

Thanks for your replies. Think I'm going to look at getting some B6 then. Is there an advisable dosage or just what it says on the pack

BumpNGrind Wed 12-Feb-14 10:19:16

Some people take 50mg up to ovulation and then 100mg after. I leave my tablets in work so chose to take 100mg x5 a week throughout my cycle This worked for me.

Tranquilitybaby Wed 12-Feb-14 11:21:48

I have around 26 day cycles and concurred first month with both. I ovulate quite early though.

smorgasborgen Wed 12-Feb-14 16:36:34

hi all, just want t say I'm in the exact same boat. mc at seven weeks in Nov and now spotting is starting about eight days after ovulation. its really upsetting t know so soon that its all over! x

babyrose Wed 12-Feb-14 19:21:47

I took b6 for a few months but everything ends up being later. Later ovulation later af and started to get annoying. Now starting get very used to my 25-27 cycles and ovulation is around 12/13. Usually start dtd straight after af and I start showing signs of ovulation.

smorgasborgen Wed 12-Feb-14 22:53:44

hi baby rose. I don't know how these things work too much but does a shorter cycle give it enough time t latch on? x

Fairypants Wed 12-Feb-14 23:07:42

I had a 22-24 day cycle, ov'ing on cd 13ish. I worked out there was only 9/10 days between ov and af so took b6 (100mg a day) everything lengthened out and got pg first month. Unfortunately I mc'd at 10 weeks. My cycles were longer after mc -about 24-26 days and I ov'd on cd 12. I conceived on cycle 4 after my mc and currently 8 weeks.
I think 24 days is fine depending on when you ovulate. It might be worth getting some ovulation tests to check and make sure you have your timing right as it is pretty much straight into it with a shorter cycle.
Good luck with ttc

smorgasborgen Wed 12-Feb-14 23:15:44

congrats!! grin
I used opks and had strong lines on the31st of Jan.. we DTD so much this month I thought I was going mad! then started spotting 8dpo still spotting now. ..12dpo waiting for full period t kick in so I can move on!
congrats again!

Fairypants Wed 12-Feb-14 23:25:45

Thanks smorgassmile
I guess I just wanted to pass on some hope to you guys, I know I really worried about the short cycles. Have you tried smep? I tried it on and off (but actually missed ov day both months I conceived but did the day either side). Smep gave me a plan so I felt I was doing the right thing though so worth a go if you haven't already.
Again good luck, hope to see you all on the pregnancy boards soonsmile

smorgasborgen Thu 13-Feb-14 11:05:52

did smep this time. hard work but its good t be proactive. problem I found is it gets your hopes up more.

got a tidal wave of witch last which coincided with a lightning and thunder! certainly announced itself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now