Talk

Advanced search

TTC and chicken pox

(4 Posts)
ChineseFireball Sat 08-Feb-14 21:30:47

My household is in the grip of the dreaded chicken pox. DC had it first and now I have it. DH has had it but apparently although unlikely it is possible to get it again.

I found the first spot on Thursday morning after feeling feverish and as though I had the 'flu on Wednesday afternoon. I am due to ovulate on Friday (Valentine's day!) so would under normal circumstances be expecting the second half of next week to be largely spent DTD.

Given the situation with the chicken pox, should we perhaps give this month a miss? It might be a non-issue because if I am covered in scabs I doubt even my lovely DH would want to Do It.

What do you think?

ChineseFireball Sun 09-Feb-14 22:45:09

bump...anyone??

greenlizard Mon 10-Feb-14 06:41:56

I know nothing about chicken pox so my thoughts are entirely without scientific foundation but I would keep going smile having chicken pox might delay your ovulation or it might carry on as usual but would say you will be fine. The human body had a way of taking care of these things - unless of course you don't feel like DTD because you aren't feeling tip top!

ChineseFireball Tue 11-Feb-14 22:14:21

Thanks, greenlizard smile will see how we feel. Well, other than spotty, of course... wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now