Talk

Advanced search

9days late 2 negative tests

(6 Posts)
jools70 Sat 08-Feb-14 10:09:39

Morning all,
I'm 43 and been trying for a baby forever.
Had ivf and also fell pregnant naturally when we sold our house but unfortunately miscarried both times.
I'm now 9 days late, took a cheapy test from tesco but bith negative on day 7. Should I get a CB or FR test?
Had terrible cramps, headache and nipples are a little sore apart from that feel fine.
Anyone had a BFP after BFN?

Cakecrumbsinmybra Sat 08-Feb-14 10:55:06

No I haven't jools, but I wanted to reply. Are the more expensive tests really any different to the cheapies? And I don't want to be negative, but is your cycle always very regular? As soon as I started trying for DC3 months ago, I had 2 really long cycles (just to get my hopes up!) over the summer - 34 days long, when normally they are 28-30. I don't know whether these were chemical pregnancies or my body getting closer to menopause (I'm 38).

Anyway, I really hope you get pg soon, if you are not already. I know lots of people who have had a bfn, and gone on to get a bfp in a few days. Good luck.

dreamlullaby Sat 08-Feb-14 12:16:48

Hiya I'm also 9 days late and had several BFns
Been to docs have to wait till 18th feb for blood test this morning I've noticed brown spotting just a small amount I'm just going round the bend now x
Any more news for you ?

jools70 Sat 08-Feb-14 12:24:54

I'm a regular 28 days on the dot which is why I'm confused, got cramps on day 1 to 7 then nothing much the odd headache but thats it.
It could be early menopause but I thought you had a spurt of weird periods before that happened.
Will try a FR test today and see what happens.
dreamlullaby good luck hun hope the bloods are a BFP for you x

AmelieRose Sat 08-Feb-14 12:33:24

Hi jools70, I had a BFP after 3 or 4 negative tests - was nearly a fortnight late!

Hard to do but try to be patient - you may still get a BFP!

Fingers crossed for you x

jools70 Sat 08-Feb-14 13:34:53

Thanks for that AmelieRose. I've read that tesco tests are not that reliable and my hcg levels may not be high enough for the test

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now