Talk

Advanced search

Alternative therapies.

(3 Posts)
Sleepingstarsmommy Fri 07-Feb-14 10:40:42

Just wondered if anyone has gone down this route.

I'm currently pondering whether to try some acupuncture or reflexology, but not sure which way to go and can't afford both. I quite fancied some reflexology, a relaxing foot massage sounds a lot nicer than being stuck with needles but a friend has said there is more evidence supporting accupuncture as an effective therapy.

Anyone advice from those with more knowledge and experience would be great before I start to spend my very limited money.

ZenNudist Fri 07-Feb-14 10:51:00

I don't have experience of conception acupuncture but would say acupuncture over reflexology. There seen to be more people having acupuncture for other medical conditions successfully.

It's the same principals but needles give more accurate and better stimulation of the pressure points, I think.

Find a properly trained person who has some the fertility / pregnancy accreditation. Also find a practitioner who will consult with you about they way you feel & tailor therapy to you. I think they call it 5 elements style. It's very holistic and can be very relaxing.

PosyFossilsShoes Fri 07-Feb-14 10:51:29

The clinic where I'm doing IUI recommends acupuncture - their data suggests a 20% better chance with it. I'm going to do it on my next cycle there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now