Talk

Advanced search

bright positive opk???

(10 Posts)
NotInYourNature Fri 07-Feb-14 08:58:44

Ok so i'm temping and using opks. Temping said i ovulated on the 29th of jan but i kept taking the opks just in case... today i got a bright positive. Brighter than the control line so i i took a hpt (cheap crap one) and it was negative. i would be 9dpo if i did ovulate on the 29th.
My cycles are only getting back to normal after the birth of my DS as i breast feed.
did i only just ov or could i be pg?

NotInYourNature Fri 07-Feb-14 17:46:35

anyone?

MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 07-Feb-14 17:53:05

I had 2 strong lines one night after the other and realised I was pregnant. I was 6 weeks by then though as I had what I thought was a period when I was due one.

I would have thought the pregnancy test should pick it up if the opks do but I don't know - which isn't much help is it....

Fingers crossed you get a postive test shortly.

NotInYourNature Fri 07-Feb-14 22:35:31

My ovaries have been killing me all day like they did when i was pg with my DS. Hopes are raised :D

NotInYourNature Sat 08-Feb-14 08:55:27

My ovaries are stupidly sore today to the point im hunched over in pain.
ouch.
another positive opk

MrsMargoLeadbetter Sat 08-Feb-14 10:26:47

Ooh sounds like a positive sign.....when will you POAS again?

NotInYourNature Sat 08-Feb-14 11:54:03

in a couple of days i would say

cookielove Sat 08-Feb-14 12:35:52

Try a first response!

willitbe Sat 08-Feb-14 15:30:06

It is possible to get further LH surges during the luteal phase, not normally high enough to get a big positive though. I would wonder whether you are actually ovulating now? It is usual to get a large LH surge just before AF arrives too, again normally only gets to near positive levels, but can be positive.

If an opk is positive due to hcg, then it would be high enough to turn the pregnancy test positive too, so I doubt this is the situation... but does not mean that it can't still happen yet!

I think dtd just incase you are ovulating now, might be a good idea!

NotInYourNature Sun 09-Feb-14 11:23:36

Well today's opk was negative so that must mean my temping was inaccurate and i ovulated. Good thing i played it safe and dtd lots just in case

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now