Talk

Advanced search

7 days late but negative test

(5 Posts)
docpeppa Thu 06-Feb-14 11:45:21

I had my copper coil out on the 23rd. We had sex a few days before that and the day after removal. I finished ovulating before removal (according to my period app).

My period was due 30th, but I haven't had it and I'm now 7 days late.

I did two cheapo tests last Sunday, both had a faint line which disappeared after a few minutes.

Tuesday I went and got the expensive clear blue but that was negative, so I got another cheapo today and that was negative.

You could normally time your watch by my periods. I've got a drs appointment on Monday but the uncertainty is driving me mad.

Does this sound like I could be pregnant?
(Apologies for the long winded story)

allchatnicknamesgone Thu 06-Feb-14 13:09:35

I think repeated negative tests probably point towards you not being pregnant.
Your body is probably still adjusting since coil, hence late AF.

Butler4 Thu 06-Feb-14 13:19:04

I dont think there is any uncertainty about it. Four negative tests means you are not pregnant. It took me about 4 months before I got a period after coming of contraception, so its much more likely thats why you are late.

docpeppa Sun 09-Feb-14 22:27:23

Thanks, you guys were right. Think it was just the faint positive line that faded which threw me

basia2 Sun 09-Feb-14 22:30:17

Never look at a pregnancy test beyond the time on the package (usually five or ten minutes).
A faint line will appear on many of them after that time, even if you are not pregnant, and it just gives you false hope.
I did this many times when TTC #3... pulling the test out of the trash to look at it again after an hour or two.
It's pointless. Don't put yourself through it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now