Talk

Advanced search

Help please

(9 Posts)
faerieclaire Wed 05-Feb-14 20:41:22

Hi ladies

I am not actively trying to conceive, however have had a bit of an 'oops' moment. I have 3 girls already but sort of forgotten how ovulation works..

My partner and I have been through a rocky patch and had not had sex for a little over a month. My last period started 19th January and was normal, I am normally a 28/29 day cycle. However on Sunday 2nd Feb we dtd - what's prompted me to start thinking is I had a dream Monday night I was pregnant with twins, then last night had a dream my partner was having an affair with Henri Lloyd. It's played on my mind all day so decided to check the ovulation calculator to see when I was most fertile - this is what has confused me as some are saying 2 days before ovulation is when you are most fertile but others saying on the day of ovulation .. I had ewcm on Monday 3rd February.

It was only the once and I know that's all it takes but does it mean his swimmers were extra strong cause of how long it's been.... Getting myself into a right pickle xx

PotteringAlong Wed 05-Feb-14 20:44:26

Sperm live for about 3 days so you are fertile in theory for about 3 days before and 1 day after ovulation.

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 05-Feb-14 20:47:22

Swimmers can survive for up to 5 days inside you, so any unprotected sex can result in pregnancy especially during the fertile period which it sounds like you hit.
His swimmers would not have been extra strong though. There is evidence to suggest that they could be less strong because they hadn't been replenished for over a month (but he may have had a wank in the meantime?)
Looks like an anxious wait for you!

faerieclaire Wed 05-Feb-14 20:48:20

Thank you potteringalong. I had ewcm on the Monday so I am guessing it was during my fertile time. It's odd cause it's not played on my mind before but for some reason I can't shake it smile

X

faerieclaire Wed 05-Feb-14 20:51:47

Thank you that made me chuckle!! You are right an anxious wait ahead of me and I am symptom spotting already lol.

If I was pg it wouldn't be an issue at all but I am 42 in March eek!!!

x

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 05-Feb-14 20:54:47

Don't be daft! 42 is nothing and there would be a lot of ladies on here who would love to see a 42 upduffed from having sex just once a month! (I mean that in a positive way).

You'll be fine either way I'm sure x

faerieclaire Wed 05-Feb-14 21:04:21

Lol smile

Need to work out when my af is due now !!! I am secretly quite excited lol x

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 05-Feb-14 21:07:27

Well, come back and tell us!

faerieclaire Wed 05-Feb-14 21:09:22

I most certainly will x thank you for your help will update if any more weird dreams strike or any other symptoms xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now