Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Preg testing: Does it have to be the first wee of the day??

(12 Posts)
lollydollydrop Wed 05-Feb-14 11:10:44

Hi all, new to this and I've just been out to buy a pregnancy test. Just wondering, since they are so expensive and I don't want to waste it using it wrong, is it better to only test using your first wee of the day or doesn't it matter? Do you think you are more likely to get a false negative if it isnt the first wee?

I don't know much about these things grin

It's just sat in my bag waiting to be used.. I really don't think I am preg to be honest, I'm a couple of days late but don't have any symptoms or 'sense' anything.

Mogz Wed 05-Feb-14 11:26:59

Depends how early on you think it might be. If only a few days/weeks then best to use your first pee of the day as it a more concentrated so you're more likely to get an accurate result.

SweetPeaPods Wed 05-Feb-14 11:28:55

If you are already late any pee should do. Hcg will be stronger with first urine but more important really when testing early. So POTS (pee on That stick)

JoinYourPlayfellows Wed 05-Feb-14 11:30:56

If you're a couple of days late, you should be OK to test now.

lollydollydrop Wed 05-Feb-14 11:33:19

Thankyou, I POTS and it was a BFN sad Not sure how I feel. Its weird isn't it, I've tested before when I Really didn't want to conceive at that time and I still felt a bit disappointed when it was negative. That single line just looks so lonely somehow..

Exciting to test, but a bit of an anti-climax :/ Ah well, its definately for the best in my case. I'm a PhD student!

lollydollydrop Wed 05-Feb-14 11:41:40

Oh I feel really shitty and empty and lonely inside. This sucks. What a rollercoaster. Feels so horrible sad You think you may be about more than just you, and then you are left with nothing but loneliness and sadness. What a fool to even put myself through the emotions. Somehow must shake this sadness and get on with my day

Mogz Wed 05-Feb-14 13:02:50

Aww Lolly sorry you're feeling disappointed and lonely, try to treat yourself a bit

lollydollydrop Wed 05-Feb-14 13:13:13

I cant stop eating! Have a history of EDs and have just ended up having a massive binge I couldn't control. So distressing being out of control like that and unable to stop. I'm going to get out the house now.

Mogz Thu 06-Feb-14 20:12:46

How're you doing today lolly?

lollydollydrop Fri 07-Feb-14 00:44:04

Hi Mogz, thanks for checking in on me. I'm okaay, feeling a bit fat (!) But tomorrow is gym day so hopefully my mood will lift more with the endorphins and fat burn ;) I'm fine about the bfn, I think I will always get that disappointed feeling as I've been broody for the past 8 years x

Mogz Fri 07-Feb-14 12:02:13

Isn't it a strange thing that even when it's not something you're trying for getting a bfn feels so horrid?
I'm sure a day or two of eating silly stuff won't have done you any harm, enjoy the exercise high and the sunshine... If it bothers to show up at all today, bloody useless forecasts!

lollydollydrop Sat 08-Feb-14 13:34:29

True Mogz, you feel horrid and like you have failed somehow? I did have a nice exercise session thanks. Although today is not much fun as I am indoors trying to write an essay whilst my other half is off playing with friends! I'm well behind my schedule so this weekend is all about catching up a little I'm afraid! Not much time to be broody ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now