Talk

Advanced search

Ladies late 30's + Anyone else have a regular cycle, positive opk each month, but nothing! Anyone else in same boat?

(8 Posts)
Inshock73 Wed 05-Feb-14 09:04:56

Just wondered if anyone is in the same position as me. I have a regular cycle 26-27 days, get a positive opk cd14-15, have been trying for 8 cycles but nothing! Anyone been in same position and found out why or had a happy ending?

Thanks ladies!

naty1 Wed 05-Feb-14 10:16:06

No but i would just say 25% of issues are related to men and another 25% and both partners. So you could be fine and it be your partner.
(Im sure there nothing wrong but just so you know)
Have you been for any investigations?

Inshock73 Wed 05-Feb-14 12:31:38

Hi naty1 thanks for replying. Bf has been tested and swimmers are normal. I'm about to have a thyroid blood test and the 21 day progesterone test. All the ladies I've spoken to who are older either tend to have a few cycle complications or conceive relatively easily but sadly suffer m/c's. I don't fit in to either group. All these tests are so frigging expensive.

naty1 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:03:45

Are you in uk? Why is it not free

Inshock73 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:37:59

I am, but I have to pay for both as they're fertility related and my surgery won't cover tem under NHS.

naty1 Wed 05-Feb-14 13:43:06

Thats a bit odd? Do you already have kids?

Inshock73 Wed 05-Feb-14 14:06:33

No, I live in Surrey which apparently is the capital for women delaying motherhood so waiting lists for IVF etc are really long and my GP immediately pushes to go private. I think they make the mistake of assuming you can afford it because of your postcode, not the case.

naty1 Wed 05-Feb-14 14:42:16

Yeah i can see about the waiting. Even with no waiting list it was months from referral to meeting at clinic and then months between appointments
We didnt have to pay for investigations - blood tests, or sperm analysis.
But i never had amh measured etc not sure if that is due to age or nhs. I only had a scan when i got to the clinic.
Its worth looking at the success rates on hfea website as can vary a lot with age (or did when the figures are from 2011 i think)'
Are you also having fsh and lh measured , cd3 approx?
You still have a good chance naturally as 8months isnt that long but always worth looking into.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now