Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation pains - before, during or after?

(10 Posts)
Zermatt Wed 05-Feb-14 00:45:09

Hi, I always thought you got ovulation pains when you are actually ovulating, but can you start getting them a few days before ovulation happens?

Walnut8 Wed 05-Feb-14 06:47:00

yes , I do. I get them up to a few days before I get ewcm.

ImBrian Wed 05-Feb-14 10:53:30

I got a positive opk on Saturday and Sunday and had cramping on Sunday so im assuming I ovulated then. Opk was negative on Monday.

allchatnicknamesgone Wed 05-Feb-14 12:11:01

Well having had an ultrasound this month during my fertile time, I can deduce I cramp before, during and after ovulation. How helpful!

ImBrian Wed 05-Feb-14 17:19:21

So today I had stabbing pains, ewcm and a neg opk! I have no idea!

Zermatt Thu 06-Feb-14 00:17:31

I've had negative opks yesterday and today and ewcm on both days too, yesterday had a twinge thy I previously always thought was an ov pain. Am charting as well and haven't seen a temp rise yet, so am going to dtd over next 5 days and hope I'm catching it smile

Zermatt Thu 06-Feb-14 00:18:46

I'mBrian do it anyway just in case. I think the trouble with opk's is they induce quite a lot of pausing and pondering and maybe not enough doing?

BumpNGrind Thu 06-Feb-14 01:24:07

For me ewcm comes before ovulation. Take a look at a website called my cervix project and look through the whole cycle, it really helped me learn about my cycles.

Zermatt Thu 06-Feb-14 06:27:28

I had ewcm and ov pains yesterday, and today just ewcm. Yesterday I did 2 negative OPK's one in the morning which was a CB digi, and a cheapie in the afternoon. Today I did got a negative CB digi opk first thing and this afternoon got my first positive OPK on the cheapie one. I reckon I am going to OV tomorrow or day after, and Mr Z is getting pounced on tonight when he gets in. ;)

ImBrian Thu 06-Feb-14 07:21:10

I pounced on him ;) My two oyher planned babies I just dtd every other day or more often if I could be bothered and it worked well so I dont know why I dont just do that! Zermatt it sounds like it if you have the ewcm. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now