Talk

Advanced search

OPK First Time User

(8 Posts)
ImBrian Tue 04-Feb-14 07:31:18

This is the first time I've used opks so could someone clear this up for me please? I had a negative friday night and then positives on Saturday with a stronger positive on Sunday. On Monday morning it was back to negative. Does this mean I've ovulated? I was crampy sunday and sore boobs Monday. Managed to DTD thurs/sat and sunday but sadly he couldnt perform last night : / Will this be enough or should I jump him tonight as well?

Bobo13 Tue 04-Feb-14 09:57:59

Hi ImBrian from what I've read on here and the other sites you can ov 12 - 48 hours after the positive opk. I got mine on Sunday and had dtd in the morning. Did it again last night and hoping to get DH to do it again tonight to make sure we're having our best chance. I was very crampy and sick feeling yesterday, so think I have ov'd now.
Good luck...let us know how you get on. x

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 04-Feb-14 10:02:44

Sounds like you ovulated Sunday night, so considering it can take 12 hours for the sperm to swim up there, I'd say you timed is ok.

Dob't beat yourself up about not doing it last night.

It seems to be the luck of the draw!

ImBrian Tue 04-Feb-14 10:38:58

I think these opks make it more stressful then it needs to be! Maybe ignorance is bliss! I'm going to pin the poor boyfriend down again tonight just incase ;)

Bobo13 Tue 04-Feb-14 11:31:03

Lol! Sounds like a good plan smile

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 04-Feb-14 23:30:40

Opk's definitely add stress. I did it for about 3 cycles so I could see a pattern then ditched them. Just aim for as many times during the fertile week is a more sane approach for me. Means you never know your exact Dpo, but I'm against testing before your periods due anyway, so its not a big deal not to know exact day. I have rough figure in my head that drives me mad anyway!

ImBrian Wed 05-Feb-14 07:32:53

He was too tired so ive only managed to dtd on Saturday and Sunday when I got my +ov as well as on thursday. Bloody men!

ImBrian Wed 05-Feb-14 17:40:56

And now im having ewcm, tabbing pains and my cervix is high! Next month im going for the just shag approach!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now