Talk

Advanced search

Please, please, anyone...!?

(16 Posts)
Jo178 Mon 03-Feb-14 19:34:07

Hi all, I'm calling on the collective wisdom of mumsnet to get some advice or some of your personal experiences.
We are on cycle one of ttc our second child. I came off cerazette early December, had AF around 1st January and had a positive opk the evening of 20th January which was negative the same time the next day. DH and I dtd at all the right times.
I'm now on cd34 and 14dpo. I've had some pregnancy symptoms including cramps, nausea, sensitive to smell etc etc but all hpts have been negative including frer. I've been having brown spotting since Friday evening as well as AF type cramps. Yesterday evening I had a really bad pain in my left side which was followed by a gush of bright red blood the size of a ten pence coin. I assumed this was AF but I've had nothing since, no pain, no bleeding.
So, do I assume that this bleeding was AF, chemical pregnancy, implantation bleeding or what?
I'm really confused as AF has never been like this, always heavy, red with clots. Did another frer this evening which was blatantly negative! Am I too late for a bfp? Was this AF? Should I wait and test again or admit defeat for this month? Thanks to anyone who has read this marathon post and for anyone who can offer any advice. Thanks so much!

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 03-Feb-14 19:46:22

Hmmm. I had similar and it was implantation, but, in reality, only time will tell. Leave it a couple more days and then test again. Good luck. smile

Jo178 Mon 03-Feb-14 19:53:31

Thanks saggy, it's such a relief to hear someone else with a similar experience. Feel like I'm going crazy! smile

SaggyOldClothCatPuss Mon 03-Feb-14 20:09:34

and you're only on month 1! wink grin

Jo178 Mon 03-Feb-14 20:12:53

I know!! Think it's just with this being so different to normal, it threw me a bit. gringringringrin

bellaboo88 Mon 03-Feb-14 23:37:05

Thinking of you Jo, I'm in a similar limbo boat with strange little spotting then nothing & no bfp...when will you test again?

I'm cd32 15dpo tomorrow, only 2 tests left! I Was on microgynon but had a 27day cycle post pill...how was your post pill cycle?

Limbo is awful, I'd rather know one way or another rather than constant googling & pant checking.

I'll be your test buddy if you want!

Only found a few examples of similar goings on, but never a follow up to say what happened?

I feel a bit silly tbh, last month I had spotting at 8pm/nothing else that night & got AF next morning...got all excited (even tho we missed ov & weren't properly trying) I was still gutted. If this is how first month feels I really can't imagine our long time members & how they must feel x

Jo178 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:54:55

Bella I would love to be test buddies! Although I'm having cramps today with a little more red blood so thoroughly confused. hmm It was never like this when we conceived DD, I got bfp at 9dpo! Was maybe planning on testing again on Thursday if the bleeding settles. How about you, how are things today?

bellaboo88 Tue 04-Feb-14 12:44:05

Absolutely nothing, one cmy/tinged wipe first thing with bfn & clear danger poke, lunchtime, nothing at all, clear poke. Not even bothering with a panty liner today. So frustrating!!

Dp agreed test tomorrow on cd33/16dpo with our last test, the pound shop one. Today's ic again had ink visible underneath as I took it out, starting to doubt them.

No symptoms whatsoever still. After last months almost perfect cycle I thought the pill was out of my system. Even wondering if I should go to docs, but I think they'd say I was wasting their time.

If I've got no AF by Thurs I'll be getting a fr & poas! X

Jo178 Tue 04-Feb-14 19:27:16

I'm definitely out! AF arrived with a vengeance this afternoon. Keeping everything crossed for you Bella. Xx

bellaboo88 Tue 04-Feb-14 23:26:55

Aww I'm really sorry Jo :-( my pale wipes got a bit darker this evening so I think I'm out too...can't class as cd1 till full flow....give me red!!!

This month (after last months american jolly with caffeine/junk food) will be very healthy, other half on warm not hot baths, vitamins for him too & were gonna bonk loads....don't think were covering enough ground & giving in at ov.

Good luck Jo, I'm only on one more cycle before break for 2 months x

Jo178 Wed 05-Feb-14 19:37:19

Aaah sorry Bella, it's tough isn't it? And we're just at the start! We conceived our DD really quick, first go actually so it's coming as a bit of a shock! Concerted effort this cycle. We missed dtd on positive opk day last month as DH was away so hopeful for this month as we're both off for half term when I'm due to ovulate. Fingers crossed for us both. AF in full flow now, very heavy and cramping like crazy. hmm

bellaboo88 Wed 05-Feb-14 23:02:16

I'm relieved its come in a way, i was worrying I would go months without it :-(

I had the same thought, straight off pill in December, wasn't careful, didn't happen as we missed of due to injury...this month properly trying, did everything possible & failure...like taking an exam you can't study for.

Fellas on night shift this cycle when I ov... I think my mums gunna get her spring grandchild! Last month now. Retry in June maybe. Meantime, I'm gonna start buying stuff (fella on Sunday said no baby stuff....same day he buys a baby Disney jumper & buys a family car...yeah right!!)

X

Jo178 Thu 06-Feb-14 08:15:05

Hah! We've also changed our car to an estate in prep for another!
Do you have any kids yet or are you trying for your first?
I spotted for days before AF finally came properly, it's so frustrating! Hope yours arrives soon then we might be in similar cycle, I ovulated really late this month which was strange but think I'm still getting back to normal after coming off pill. I'll be using opks again as my cycle is all over the place.
Fingers crossed we both get BFPs this time, sending you lots of luck. Xx

bellaboo88 Thu 06-Feb-14 08:53:56

I'm classing today as cd2, post pill periods are pathetically non existent!! I'd flood on pill!?

No no kids, did the career thing very young so perfect timing now to hae a couple & go back to work late 20's.

My ov is always cd17, no opking, it would drive me nuts,I go by ewcm....not a lot this cycle, had tonnes more last cycle...boobs don't hurt like last either. I'm even wondering if I didn't ovulate this time?

Take it you've got kids? I'm excited to buy stuff, hope I'm not one of these newbies that buys the wrong stuff tho!x

Jo178 Thu 06-Feb-14 10:03:38

Yes we have one DD who is 2.3, conceived first go! Am 38 now though so time is ticking for another!
The amount of stuff out there is crazy, we were quite restrained I think, everything we had we used. I found opks really useful as have non existent ewcm!

bellaboo88 Sat 08-Feb-14 12:25:15

Well I've got some cough medicine with the cm ingredient!

Trying not to obsess this month (say that but I get to hug a newborn in an hour lol)

Any tips for books or websites? Reading pregnancy forum etc & it seems I know nothing about babies x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now