Talk

Advanced search

Implantation bleeding

(12 Posts)
ReginaFelange22 Sun 02-Feb-14 15:51:19

Ok so story is I done 3 tests over wed/thurs last week. All positive. Friday morning I have a brown discharge/blood when I wiped at the loo, it's still going now however it's a mixture of dark brown and red. It's very light, like the end of a period, in fact prob lighter.

I called nhs24 yesterday and was advised to rest and if it gets worse call them, if it's still on going tomorrow to go to an early pregnancy clinic.

I'm just concerned as I don't really know what's going on. There isn't much pain, only slight discomfort. It's not worse other than it being red at times. There was hardly a thing overnight but now it seems to be there more? If that makes sense. Kind of stuck until tomorrow but worrying a wee bit.

ReginaFelange22 Sun 02-Feb-14 15:51:50

I should say, is it implantation bleeding? Could it be? I reckon I'm about 3/4 weeks at the most.

confettiwoman Sun 02-Feb-14 16:51:16

Best to get it checked out sooner rather than later. Dont want to scare you with what ifs but best get down to early preg unit Monday just to 100% make sure everything is ok.

ReginaFelange22 Mon 03-Feb-14 16:20:13

Been to docs today. They reckon I'm 5 weeks! Still a little bit of blood today. He said it can be totally normal. It's not been near how heavy a period can be! Getting referred to a clinic to get a scan for when they believe I'll be 6 weeks as they can hear a heartbeat at that point. So just have to sit tight at the mo.

If it gets worse I've to contact them ASAP!

Mickey84 Mon 03-Feb-14 23:06:44

Let us know how it goes please... I lost a lot of blood in the early days with my dau who is now five. If i test pos on Sunday which i think i probably will then we will be due around the same time.

ReginaFelange22 Mon 03-Feb-14 23:17:00

Will do. It seems to have stopped again but it done this last night too. It really hasn't been a lot of blood but still concerning when you don't know what to expect! This is #1 for me.

Mickey84 Tue 04-Feb-14 00:28:54

It IS worrying but sit tight. I am sure that if they thought it was anything to worry about they would be testing your HcG levels or something like that. Like i said, i lost lots of blood, so much I thought it would be impossible to still be pregnant but i gave birth to an 8lb11oz baby who is now a bossy five year old!

ReginaFelange22 Tue 04-Feb-14 10:38:30

It seems to have subsided today so hopefully that's it stopped. I feel really sick today though! Thankfully haven't been sick, yet!

farfallarocks Tue 04-Feb-14 11:19:51

I have had this go both ways - brown blood that turned into a MC (twice) and the same again with my DD. Thought it was happening agagin and it stopped after a week.
Can you ask for your HCG beta to be taken 48 hrs apart? They should e doubling in the this period and that will tell you if this is a failing pregnancy or something harmless. Best of luck!

ReginaFelange22 Tue 04-Feb-14 19:13:54

Tbh I've only seen the docs yesterday and going to the clinic later on this week so not sure what can /can't be done! I feel a bit naive to it all. This afternoon my boobs started hurting and they are still sore to touch now. Actually more uncomfortable than anything.

Any fluid that has appeared has been brown today but really hasn't been much at all.

ReginaFelange22 Fri 07-Feb-14 14:38:05

Scan today, no baby and preg test was negative. sad must've been an early miscarry.

ImBrian Sat 08-Feb-14 20:46:41

Really sorry to hear that xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now