Talk

Advanced search

Trying to conceive

(15 Posts)
LMH20 Sat 01-Feb-14 18:35:29

newbie Hi everyone im 20 and ttc so far nothing and its so frustrating have been using softcup past few days and have pre seed ordered from boots plus been taking folic acid 2 times a day and zinc and vitamin C and switched diet to super healthy and plain and not had any luck yet sad it vvv sad not getting BFP looking for advice and people going through same thing as me

Squeakybeaky Sat 01-Feb-14 20:21:29

Hi, how long have you been trying so far? Have you tried OPK's?

Clargo55 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:07:15

Hi, I'm similar age to you. How long have you been TTC?

I know it's hard but try not too worry yourself too much.

Think the stats are that 90% of couples fall pregnant within a year.

Good luck thanks

LMH20 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:21:42

sorry what is opk's blush and we have been trying for almost 3 months now DTD every other day sometime everyday blush its so frustrating i know it doesn't happen straight away though i have a friend who is 18 and on her 2nd baby with a 6 month old already envy i really cant wait for the pre seed to get here so many success stories about it and Clargo55 good luck too you too glad someone else is in the same boat as me

Clargo55 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:38:03

Ovulation Predictor Kits I think?
You are only fertile around your ovulation. So really it's like a 48 hour window when your eggs 'there'. So if you know when you are ovulating you can target the days you are having sex to a bit before ovulation and too a few days after. So no need to dtd everyday of the month.

Sorry I'm not great at explaining and have no idea how to do links from my iPad, but there's lots of information about ovulating on google.

The journey will all be worth it in the end. I know the waits hard but stressing can make if more difficult. Do you have anything else on atm you could focus on to stay relaxed about ttc? House move or decoration or something?

LMH20 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:44:38

Oh yh i got some ovulation strips off ebay but they all come back negative i dont do them every day though only one a week as im not sure they work hmm and yh planning on buying a house with partner but that is even more stressful i go on lots of bike rides to clear my head maybe i should try better ovulation tests any recommendations ive heard clear blue are great but so expensive id feel like i was wasting money everytime i got a negative dont really know any other brands

Clargo55 Sat 01-Feb-14 22:03:14

I don't use any myself, I think the clear blu show a little smiley face when you are ovulating. They are very expensive.

You could try self tracking and charting your temperature. Discharge changes near ovulation to an egg white like substances and is stretchy. So you can keep an eye on discharge to give you some sort of idea.

Do you currently track your period? If you have a device that you can use apps on 'My Days' is a really good one.

Ovulation usually happens in the middle of your cycle, do you get any cramps in the middle of the month? This could be ovulation.

LMH20 Sat 01-Feb-14 22:05:18

yh i get cramps i was pretty regular until last month it started 8 days early think it was stress ill try the my days app smile

LMH20 Sat 01-Feb-14 22:26:27

another thing that has me stumped how to work out a luteal phase hmm

Hfigx Tue 04-Feb-14 01:33:14

Hey I've been ttc for a year now and I have roughly a 32 day cycle... Last period was 22 dec 2013 ... Still no sign of my period and 3 negs sad I'm also 20

PuppyMummy Tue 04-Feb-14 06:58:40

ovulation sticks won't work if you only do one a week! if you get a pack (try boots or superdrug) it has instructions on when to start using them and how long for.

Also don't count on the pre-seed. we used it for over 12 months!

you should expect ttc to take at least a year, try and see anything quicker as a bonus!

good luck

Squeakybeaky Tue 04-Feb-14 11:34:07

Start with the OV tests around day 8 and do one every day. You should get a nice string line somewhere. I had my really strong line on day 12 which was yesterday smile I'm using cheap ones too. Don't stress about it, 3 months is nothing in the grand scheme smile

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 04-Feb-14 12:47:33

Hiya - probably don't want to necessarily hear this because you want it so bad, but 3 months isn't very long especially if you are a little uncertain when you are roughly ovulating. I wouldn't worry about the science of it all just yet and rather than worrying too much, they say that if you have sex 2-3 times a week throughout the month, you should conceive if both partners are fertile.
Quick point - you mention your diet, but it's also his swimmers that need to be healthy. If he smokes, drinks alcohol get his to cut back as much as he can, but bear if mind any changes his makes now will take 3 months of new healthy sperm to be released.
Every month is a new opportunity. I was exactly the same and at 3 months I hit a desperate wall. It does weirdly get a bit easier as you learn to become more patient.
Good luck.

LMH20 Tue 04-Feb-14 12:55:10

neither of us drink or smoke we never have its not healthy to bring a child into that kind of situation we DTD almost everyday now so just gonna go with nature and see what happened DP said worrying about OPK is just too much stress

allchatnicknamesgone Tue 04-Feb-14 13:05:55

If you are dtd practically every day, then opks are pretty redundant anyway as you are covering all bases.
Hope you get your bfp soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now