Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

dtd

(8 Posts)
buddhabee Thu 30-Jan-14 17:05:55

right ladies,

how often do you dtd whilst you ovulate, every other day to let those swimmers re-coop or every day just to make sure.

BFP's what did you guys do???

Writerwannabe83 Thu 30-Jan-14 17:25:17

I got pregnant from having sex on 3 days over the space of 8.

I wasn't tracking my ovulation or anything so our DTD sessions were guided by when I thought I was ovulating. Based on my scans and EDD it appears we conceived 2 days after our first DTD session and our other two sessions were after ovulation anyway so had been a waste of time grin

Owlysims Thu 30-Jan-14 17:44:03

I was ttc for over a year before I got my bfp in December and I looked back at cycles and the month we caught we Dtd every day instead of every other! Could be coincidence but worth a shot! Good luck thanks

buddhabee Sat 01-Feb-14 11:36:06

what about all the things you hear about lieing down for at least 15 mins after and legs up in the air etc??

Owlysims Sat 01-Feb-14 11:38:58

Erm I didn't get up for a while (20 mins or so) and I popped a pillow under bum. Don't know if it worked but stopped it all coming out (yuk!) so win win!!

WishUponAStar88 Sat 01-Feb-14 11:41:18

I had irregular cycles. So dtd approximately every other day but when I felt like I was about to ovulate upped to every day for 4/5 days the month we got our bfp smile I stayed lying down for half an hour with hips elevated, no idea whether it helped but seemed to make sense rather than rushing off to the loo!

Clargo55 Sat 01-Feb-14 21:11:25

Don't worry about re-cooping. Sperm is in production 3 months before hand, that's why they recommended a man changing his diet/lifestyle at least three months before as it affects the sperm.

buddhabee Wed 05-Feb-14 15:00:20

well fingers crossed have dtd every day while my flowers are blooming (or so pink pad has told me) - have had ovulation pains for the last 2 days so think that that i'm officially on the 2 week wait - oh joy lol!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: