Talk

Advanced search

Late period... Neg test.. Confused!

(17 Posts)
Chazel19 Sat 21-Dec-13 13:57:18

Hi,

This is our first month ttc, and my first post here. I am two days late for my AF, after having regular 28 cycles. According to an ovulation kit I had the surge at about 14 days into my cycle. We did the deed a few times near that stage... As well as throughout the month. I've had period like cramps in my legs for over a week now which I only ever have the day before my AF, and I've also had a really dry mouth. The cramps have now died down, but no AF! I reluctantly did a test today (an early one from ebay!) but it was negative... Gutted, as I thought my late period was a good sign.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for... Just somewhere to write this down as don't have anyone else to talk to! I'm just wanting my AF to come now, so I can just forget about it, and we can try again. Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks x

ADifferentKindOfMum Sat 21-Dec-13 16:18:49

Yes. Last cycle I was four days late, breaking year long history of 28/29 day cycles. Physically I blew up so much ppl were asking if I was preggo at work. I was utterly convinced, had nausea, was in bed at 9.30 most nights, cldnt do my jeans up...you name it. Wasn't pregnant. For some reason it looked like I ovulated several days later than I assumed, we did all our hard work then and nothing whatsoever when I actually did ovulate! My point being that I felt completely tricked by my body and absolutely no conception had taken place!

This cycle I am saying "yr NOT pregnant", the disappointmemt was crushing and pneumatic boobs or not, until I am 2 weeks late for af I'm not going near a test.

Tikkamasala Sun 22-Dec-13 00:36:26

I normally have 30-31 day cycles, did it plenty around when I should have been ovulating (though I don't use OPK) and now on day 34 and nothing.... Have been feeling so sick and also having some cramps for the last week or so, but tested negative earlier. Driving myself crazy wondering if I'm somehow imagining symptoms but definitely been feeling nauseous confused

So my sympathy OP, I have no idea what's going on either!

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 22-Dec-13 01:04:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Loveyouthree Sun 22-Dec-13 08:26:28

I've had countless cycles where AF has been late (always, always used to be regular), and got a bfn, and never turned out to be pregnant... If the opks worked correctly then a test would be accurate now, right? At least you can have lots more fun trying grin

ADifferentKindOfMum Sun 22-Dec-13 13:58:39

Oh I should also mention I felt so unbelievably sick last month too, to the point where I was binning coffees and walking out of shops! So I barely trust a single symptom now hahaha.

yorkshirelass82 Mon 23-Dec-13 19:32:53

Hi Chazel19,
This is my first post on here but wanted to respond as I'm having a similar experience! This is our 3rd month of TTC. Last month I had a chemical pregnancy and I don't use ovulation kits so no idea when I ovulated this month but if my cycle was my normal 28/29 days I would be due my AF last Friday or Saturday.
I took a test on Saturday and it was negative, gonna test again tomorrow. It's a frustrating time of year to be waiting to find out isn't it?! I've been having nausea, felling thirsty and cramping too.
Would be a lovely bonus Christmas present to get a BFP, but just want to know either way so I know whether to have a few drinks on Xmas day!!

Zara1984 Mon 23-Dec-13 19:56:03

Our first month TTC my period was 18 days late! It was bloody awful!

Try again with another test in a few days. If you keep getting negative results you're unlikely to be pregnant. I was going to see my GP once I got to 21 days late.

Good luck!

Chazel19 Tue 24-Dec-13 09:55:37

Hi,

Thanks for your responses, they have made me feel a bit better! Still no sign of AF, cramps returned yesterday but have now faded. Feeling quite miserable to be honest, as I can't get this off my mind! Sick of thinking about it. Am now 5 days late, after regular 28 cycles.

I've taken another test using the ebay cheap strips, and still neg. have accepted that it's quite unlikely that I'm pregnant, but what now what really concerns me is where my AF is!? Totally over thinking things and wondering if there's something wrong with me, and if this is a really bad sign re fertility. Not a good state of mind to be in during the festive season. I've booked a docs appointment for 30th, and will cancel if AF appears. I'm hoping she will, so we can just move on.

Is it possible to get pregnant during this strange limbo stage of waiting for a late AF to arrive?

Anyone have any other advice?

Hope those who were waiting have had an answer!

C xx

ADifferentKindOfMum Tue 24-Dec-13 10:23:10

chazel if you ovulate late, your af will be late..its that simple. Thats what happened to me last month. Amd because I'd convinced myself I was pregnant/or ill, the anxiety was just unbearable..
I know its easy for me to say, but please relax do something nice for yourself, hot bath maybe and don't beat yourself up. You can't physically change anything by doing anything now so let nature run its course. I really hope you get your bfp. Xxxxx

Chazel19 Tue 24-Dec-13 10:59:00

Thanks. Good advice. I need to just relax, and be patient. Will update when something happens! Merry Christmas x

yorkshirelass82 Tue 24-Dec-13 13:46:41

Merry Christmas all! I tested negative this morning and still no AF but feel like I'm starting with AF type cramps so trying to put it all out of my head and enjoy Christmas! Think a cheeky glass or two of fizz will be in order tomorrow to get in the festive spirit. Hope you get an answer either way too Chazel x

Lucyjojo Tue 24-Dec-13 15:16:15

Hello just wanted to join up and say I am also 2 days late this cycle for AF, and I am normally a regular 25 day cycle. I even used opks this month so pretty sure I didn't ovulate late. I have done several different types of tests and they are all BFNs. Why do our bodies do this to us when it matters the most!! Why do they play games with us! Anyway I think I will be tucking into some wine and soft cheese over the next few days. I hope we all get some sort of answer eventually, and manage to just enjoy christmas fsmile

Chazel19 Tue 24-Dec-13 17:00:54

What confuses me is that this is the first month we've tried to conceive, and it's the first time I've ever been late! Baffled. My OPK signaled that I was about to ovulate at the usual time... But now I'm thinking that maybe I didn't!? Trying not to over think this... Fingers crossed my AF will come soon.

I'm glad there are other people in the situation! Only time will tell now...

yorkshirelass82 Fri 27-Dec-13 22:01:47

Hi all, hope you had a great Xmas! My AF turned up today sad 35 day cycle, when I normally have 28-30 day cycle. Seems so cruel! Not sure if we're going to try again next month or have a break while we plan our wedding...hope someone does get some good news this month! X

Chazel19 Sun 29-Dec-13 19:34:30

Hi there,

Finally.. My AF arrived today with a vengeance - a week late! I remembered I had the flu during the week I was supposed to ovulate, so despite getting the LH surge on the kit... Perhaps I didn't ovulate when I thought I did. I'm just really happy SOMETHING has happened, so we can start again with cycle 2. I'm now not wanting to test until my AF is much later after seeing so many negatives!

Hope everyone else is ok

X

Chazel19 Sat 22-Mar-14 19:10:42

UPDATE

A week after my AF I had shooting pains up my bum, they would appear and then go for days. After trying to sit down in the car to drive to work and experiencing absolute agony... I went to the drs. He was puzzled, until I mention I was ttc but had had my period.

He gave me a pregnancy test and just before he threw it away, it came up BFP! As I'd had pain and bleeding, I didn't get my hopes up - luckily. Two days later during an early scan, I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy. It was the worst day of our lives.

Two months on and I am back to waiting for my AF. So thankful I went to the drs when I did. When I first wrote my original post I felt pregnant. I just knew, and was right despite numerous bfns.

I just wanted to update as I hate it when posters don't come back to explain what happened. Don't ignore any warning inklings when ttc... Trust you instincts.

All the best

Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now