Talk

Advanced search

Agnus Castus - any success?

(36 Posts)
jaykay987 Wed 31-Jul-13 13:04:30

Hello

I current have cycles ranging from 35-39. I have read Agnus Castus can shorten cycles. However most of the forums I've seen it discussed on - people had crazy long cycles (70-100+ days).

I just wondered if anyone had tried using it to reduce long ish cycles like mine?

I don't want to mess up my cycles, as they are regular - but if it could give me 12 chances to ttc this year, rather than 10 - then I'd like to try.

Any feedback?

Lolly12 Thu 08-Aug-13 15:27:51

Agree with RaRaz. I did my own research and felt comfortable taking it but getting expert advice if you can afford it wouldn't hurt.

I had success with AC in regulating and reducing cycle length from 40-60 days to around 33 days (I have mild PCOS). I then conceived my DS so stopped taking it once I found out I was pregnant (I took it throughout my cycle). I was temping and I don't think I was ovulating before but after about three months of taking it started seeing a temperature shift then conceived next cycle. Had no other side effects at all.

MrsR1881 Thu 08-Aug-13 21:23:21

My cycles have ranged from 23-30 days but I think my LP is 11-13 days. I have been diagnosed with Ovarian Cysts and TTC since Dec (until I found I had the cysts) so started taking Vitex to regulate my hormonal balance which caused the cysts. Apparently you need to take the herb for 6mths to get the real benefit and I won't really know if its making a difference for a while, but read more positive results than negative. It's always worth a try!! Good luck x

Nottalotta Thu 08-Aug-13 22:09:09

Countrycob interesting - i have a late gelded welsh cob that is a bit of a tit (gelded at 5, stallion like behaviour) do you think it would help? How much do you give and where do you get it? ......sorry OP!

CountryCob Fri 09-Aug-13 16:37:31

Hello have written a couple of replies and they won't load may be too long so here is the shortened version- rigcalm from global herbs is Angus Castus and magnesium works for me start new year on one scoop twice a day for 16'3 horse build up as needed to max three scoops twice a day in spring and end about now mostly as that is the worst over and it is expensive but I need it so stick with it makes him happier and life much easier hope it works for you and if you find a cheaper way please let me know xxx

CountryCob Fri 09-Aug-13 16:42:26

That has worked must be the length of previous message about canter pirouettes on hacks - completely unachievable in school obvs - just because a mare has gone by it stops his stupid behaviour in spring and takes edge off makes him happier and listen to me more have know it to work for others to is worth a try might want to take the label off if at nosey yard as riggy horses have such bad reputations and the pic of the rearing horse on the packet doesn't help!grin

jaykay987 Mon 12-Aug-13 15:35:35

Aggghhh.....I'm cd1 today. Can't decide whether to take it or not.

Do I? Don't I? Do I? Don't I? .........

I'm so indecisive!

jaykay987 Mon 12-Aug-13 17:00:00

I've gone for it. I'll let you know if its successful for me!

AFreudianSlip Mon 12-Aug-13 18:59:07

Im in the same boat. PCO, cycles ranging from 50-100 days. This has been my first month on Agnus Castus and my cycle was 35 days. I'm feeling positive about it. I took it throughout my cycle starting on CD1, and although it could be pure coincidence this is my first normal length cycle since I came off the pill in November. My last few were also very light but this was 'normal'.

Good luck.

jaykay987 Wed 28-Aug-13 16:00:14

So....not sure if its linked or not...

But Im currently on cd16. I ovulated on cd 17 lat month. I am still waiting for my fixed CB advanced smiley this month, so it will be at least 3days later. Not sure if this is linked to Agnus Castus? Or just a coincidence.

I have definitely been having a lot more ovulation pains than normal. I noticed more last month than before ttc(which Im putting down to the fact I was more intone with my body and noting every twinge!). But this month I can feel considerably more going on inside and for a longer period of time. My flashing smiley was two days last month. It's been 5days so far this month.

So I can definitively conclude month 1 Agnus Castus did not shorten my cycle! Damn it!

I've been doing more research online. I've now read Agnus Castus significant.y increases your probability of releasing more than one egg at a time. Not sure if this is a good, or a bad thing...!grin I always wanted to be a twin!

blueamber Wed 28-Aug-13 16:19:07

I didn't know that about the multiple eggs!

It could be a coincidence about your later ovulation though, you've only been taking it for a few weeks. But it could be caused by the AC as well. Hope it happens soon!

jaykay987 Wed 28-Aug-13 16:26:29

Yes, I think it's unlikely to be linked. I've only been taking it 16days, so will keep it up through to ov this month.

Through doing more investigation, lots of people do have negative stories (slightly lengthens cycle /headaches/period pains) but a significant number more rave about it. So I'll continue as planned!grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »