Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

If I got pregnant now - when would it be born?

(14 Posts)
Cakehead Mon 05-Jun-06 20:01:05

Sounds obvious, I know, but do you count roughly 9 or 10 months on? Last time I tried to conceive it took me just under two weeks, and although I know we might just have got lucky that time, I don't want to take any chance. Had a summer baby last time and would love another!

schneebly Mon 05-Jun-06 20:05:46

due date calculator

suzi2 Mon 05-Jun-06 20:06:47

Add 38wks to date of conception, or more roughly, 40wks from last period start date. So if it was literally today it would be the 26th Feb 2007.

I'm trying to avoid a mid summer baby as I was so uncomfy and hugely swolled when pg with DS (born Aug)!

LadySherlockofLGJ Mon 05-Jun-06 20:08:05

It be born

Did you mean when would my baby be born ??

Cakehead Mon 05-Jun-06 20:09:36

Yes...??

Cakehead Mon 05-Jun-06 20:21:13

Oh dear, if I have offended LadySherlock by referring to an un-conceived, potential baby-to-be as an 'it', I apologise unreservedly...

Anyway, thanks to the rest of you. I've been trying the due date calendar at Babycentre today, but you have to be several days late before it calculates your date. I'm mid-period and just idling speculating on when IT (the birth, not the baby, this time...) would be.

Suzie, I had an August Bank Holiday baby last year and LOVED being pregnant in the heat - just floating around the house, eating peaches and strawberries. Always thought winter must be a nightmare to be pregnant - having to pull those horribly maternity tights up over your bump.

LadySherlockofLGJ Mon 05-Jun-06 20:22:33

Oh dear, if I have offended LadySherlock by referring to an un-conceived, potential baby-to-be as an 'it', I apologise unreservedly...

Apology accepted, all human life is precious.

suzi2 Mon 05-Jun-06 20:30:15

My DS was the 6th Aug cakehead. I had such extreme swelling I couldn't find any shoes to fit and squeezed my toes into a pair of extra wide Clarks flip flops when going out. The hospital was old fashioned and roasting hot and I spent my time in the labour ward getting stuck to plastic undersheets! I do worry about how you'd get a winter jacket to fit with a bump though!

Cakehead Mon 05-Jun-06 20:38:46

You're right, Suzie. The coats, the trousers, the tights - all a winter nightmare. I was just pleased that peasant skirts were in the shops last summer. I lived in them. Actually, PEOPLE could live in them. A small army's tent.

PanicPants Mon 05-Jun-06 20:41:43

ds was a late august baby last year. I too lived in peasant skirts complete with small family living in them

cupcakes Mon 05-Jun-06 20:44:17

your child will be the youngest in the school year and compared to children born a few weeks later it will seem as if they start school a whole year earlier.

Cakehead Mon 05-Jun-06 21:00:54

Cupcakes, where I live there's a January intake as well, so the babies born in September start a few months later, not a whole year. I don't think it makes much difference, really.

suzi2 Mon 05-Jun-06 21:07:28

Ah - I was all confused there! I'm in Scotland and the intake is August as far as I am aware. Although it may have changed since I was a kid!

suzi2 Mon 05-Jun-06 21:08:10

Ignore me - I meant the intake was Feb/Mar! Ds was born in Aug so is right in the middle!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: