Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone used conceive plus and pre seed? And is it true that it is more likely that you conceive a boy?

(8 Posts)
mameulah Tue 09-Jul-13 23:14:43

Just that.

We have a wonderful pfb ds. He started his journey after we had used pre seed for three months. At that time I was a crazy manic lady, post mmc, who so desperately wanted a baby.

We are in our late thirties and would like to start ttc again. Very soon. What is the difference between pre seed and conceive plus? And, if you use them both do they double up the success or work against each other?

tia

evelynj Tue 09-Jul-13 23:21:20

Dunno-I used pre-seed after tic for 1yr+ then mc & then after a couple of months got pg with combo of this, conception vitamins & clear blue easy monitor

Good luck

mameulah Tue 09-Jul-13 23:22:54

Thank you.

Any particular brand of vitamins that you would recommend?

Bearfacedchic Tue 09-Jul-13 23:41:48

I used Conceive plus and got thrush each time so I stopped. I have not had a BFP either though so best not to count my opinion.

I do use the Centrum pre-pregnancy and pregnancy vitamins though and they're alright. Not too expensive.

I'm hardly a shining beacon of success for either product though. grin

HadALittleFaithBaby Wed 10-Jul-13 08:13:18

I used conceive plus. It didn't get me pregnant on its own (we had fertility issues) but we needed lube and it helped in that respect. I'm skeptical about it influencing the sex of the baby! Fwiw I had a girl smile

You only need one or the other. I believe pre-seed comes with inserters and conceive plus comes either with inserters or with more typical style lube.

DisneyDiva87 Wed 10-Jul-13 08:25:16

I'd say there are equal chance of having a girl as a boy with it but just that most people who have used it have ended up with a boy. I guess there is a chance that the odds would be slightly in favour of one or the other but probably still in and around 50/50. Can't really comment as I haven't read any research about it but that's just my opinion.

evelynj Wed 10-Jul-13 08:29:24

I used the prey scare conception ones -they were on offer on amazon. It has inserter things,( that you're only supposed to use once & bin but I washed & reused with no problems as the cost of all these thongs add up & I'm not sure how much is pt luck!).

I'm expecting a girl btw but think it's likely v close to 50/50

Hth

mrscog Wed 10-Jul-13 08:35:21

DS was conceived the first month we tried preseed after 2 months of bfn's before. Will use from first month tring next time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now