Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Access Diagnostics HPTs

(13 Posts)
suzi2 Mon 05-Jun-06 10:38:42

Are they reliable? Do they tend to have evap lines after the set 10 mins?

schneebly Mon 05-Jun-06 10:43:00

I have used them and had no probs in past - found the accuclear ones bad for evaps though. hth.

suzi2 Mon 05-Jun-06 20:59:44

Bump - anyone else?

bobblehead Mon 05-Jun-06 22:26:29

Don't know if this is in anyway helpful or relevant but I used their opk's for a bit and I'm sure it only happened for the last 3 or 4, but if I dragged them out the bin after around 10-15 mins (like the obsessed woman I am I had what looked like an evaporation line. At the time I was bf and no af so was just playing around with them really but did think to myself "if that were a pg test I'd be retesting in a couple days...". Think you should do a CB digital- when is af due?

LeahE Mon 05-Jun-06 22:38:41

I used them very successfully -- didn't specifically check for evap lines as I didn't actually obsess that much but got nice clear lines when I was pg.

Piffle Mon 05-Jun-06 22:41:00

which access dx test is it?

suzi2 Mon 05-Jun-06 22:46:38

It was the early pg tests I got free with the ov microscope.

I'm pretty sure it was an evap line. I must not look at a test 20 mins later lol! AF isn't due until Thurs/Fri and I'm pretty sure it will arrive but I just can't help myself!

Piffle Mon 05-Jun-06 22:48:58

I know I got two pink evap lines today, they at 12 mins past test time. Ha! Bloody evaps, I do so many of these god damn tests I know them like the back of my hand, if I ever got a true + I'd faint!

bobblehead Mon 05-Jun-06 23:24:53

I thought evap lines were meant to be sort of colourless- like so you'd see where there would be line if it was pos?

pucca Mon 05-Jun-06 23:35:37

I got a positive on a tesco own brand this time around, but had some of these access diagnosis tests in the cupboard, the tesco hpt came up straight away and i thought to myself i will do a couple of these other tests, they came up very faint and took a couple of mins to show up, so i didn't think they were that effective, and the ones i got were the super sensitive ones .

I know it easy for me to say, and i did the exact same thing..but once the time frame has gone, just throw the test in the bin and DON'T look at it again, like i say i did the exact same thing, hoping and praying it would show up pos+. I havehas evap lines before, and it just drives you mad!

Good luck to everyone TTC xx

Piffle Tue 06-Jun-06 09:51:34

Wll yes I'd like to think they were + tests but I doubt it, I am a pee on a stick addict after previous ectopic emergency life/death thing.
Hmmm
Will let you know in due course

bobblehead Tue 06-Jun-06 14:14:57

Sounds hopeful Piffle, good luck

Piffle Tue 06-Jun-06 14:46:04

very unlikely 4po God hate the internet for cheap strip tests
ARGGHHH

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: