Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

For those who have taken/are taking Clomid, did you gain weight and if so how much? How long after stopping clomid did it take to lose the weight?

(6 Posts)
ShouldKnowByFriday Sun 04-Jun-06 22:47:45

I am on my second cycle of 100mg of clomid and have gained half a stone. Even if I eat very little for a few days, I still can't shift the fat. So wondering if you have taken Clomid, did you gain any weight and if so how much and also, if you didn't get preg and stopped the drug, how long before your body went back to normal.

Am thinking of stopping for the summer and restarting in September when I won't be annoyed that I can't comfortably wear my pretty summer clothes. Maybe that sounds a little extreme but I feel awful about this weight.

Thanks in advance.

ShouldKnowByFriday Mon 05-Jun-06 13:17:06

CountessDracula Mon 05-Jun-06 13:18:21

I took it for a while but I don't remember any weight gain

ShouldKnowByFriday Mon 05-Jun-06 13:25:10

Were you successful in conceiving?

CountessDracula Mon 05-Jun-06 14:29:11

yes, but not while on Clomid (sorry)

After that we booked an appt to talk about IVF and then gave up trying for a couple of months (this was after 3 years). The day before my appt I found out I was pg.

I really do think there is something in this not trying thing, though it is hard to do!

fairyglo Tue 06-Jun-06 13:53:30

Have taken clomid for both pregnancies but don't remember any associated weight gain - sorry (was on 100mg too).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: