Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Getting pregnant without ejaculation? Has this happened to anyone?

(19 Posts)
oopswhathavewedone Sun 04-Jun-06 10:55:13

dh and I have been intimate twice in the last week and both times things went a bit far. We had no form of contraception. To try and put it in a nice way, dh went inside me on both occasions for a few seconds and I've no idea how but we managed to stop ourselves before things went further than they should. I am now left wondering if i could be pregnant from this. Has this happened to anyone and did preganncy follow on from it? Sorry if tmi.

WelshBoris Sun 04-Jun-06 10:56:01

Yes sperm leaks out during sex if the man ejaculates or not

WelshBoris Sun 04-Jun-06 10:56:37

And as well unwanted pregnancies, sexual diseases are passed on this way

Northerner Sun 04-Jun-06 10:57:06

Hasn't happenned to me but I know it can happen. The withdrawl method does not always work!!

oopswhathavewedone Sun 04-Jun-06 10:58:06

i have three weeks to wait until my period is due. dh says things will be fine - he's usually right.

oopswhathavewedone Sun 04-Jun-06 10:59:55

i know it's possible - just wondered if this had happened to anyone on here

mears Sun 04-Jun-06 11:01:09

oopswhathavewedone - you can certainly get pregnant having any unprotected sex whether the man ejaculates or not. If you are not plaaning a baby you really should get contraception sorted out.

LadyTophamHatt Sun 04-Jun-06 11:02:02

I'm 9 weeks PG with our 4th which was concieved with the withdrawal method.

So, yes IME it does happen.

oopswhathavewedone Sun 04-Jun-06 11:08:20

we hadn't planned to have anymore children - especially dh. i'm going through all the text book symptoms at the moment. lol. feeling sick wondering if anything has happened. i shall sort out a test next week. don't think i can wait much longer.

mears Sun 04-Jun-06 11:10:33

Not a lot of point testing much before date period is due TBH

LadyTophamHatt Sun 04-Jun-06 11:11:41

no point testing next week, it won't give +ve result if you are PG.

wait until your period is actually due.

expatinscotland Sun 04-Jun-06 11:41:52

i did. .

had a miscarriage, but yeah, we should have known better.

spacecadet Sun 04-Jun-06 12:30:47

i have a 12 year old who is evidence that you can get preg.

cece Sun 04-Jun-06 13:57:05

I use it and got pg at pebinning of year but had a mc. So it is possible.

Blandmum Sun 04-Jun-06 14:20:57

Withdrawal is not a good form of contraception. Not only can some men not 'hold back' and withdraw in time, but sperm are released before the ejaculation.

rubles Sun 04-Jun-06 20:17:35

Yes it happened to me with dd - we were actually happy to conceive at the time but dh was on medication that interfered with his ability to orgasm so he rarely ejaculated. Obviously something leaked out because I was happily and surprisingly pregnant.

Piffle Sun 04-Jun-06 20:23:16

It seems to work on murphys law, when you do not want it, it gets you pregnant
And if you want to get pregnant it doesn't
Depends when in your cycle you are also...

blissieblue Sun 04-Jun-06 21:41:54

I got pregnant like this - was 18 and had an abortion. 12 years later married and dh has vv low sperm count - but we managed to conceive our baby boy. Consultant likened it to conceiving without ejaculation - so yes it is possible but you would have to be unlucky (or lucky depending on your circumstances)

bramblina Sun 04-Jun-06 21:47:49

If your period isn't due for 3 weeks though you may not have ovulated yet though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: