Talk

Advanced search

stress delaying period?

(11 Posts)
NewFish Wed 03-Jul-13 13:39:18

I'm 2 days late for period. We've had an incredibly stressful few weeks. Especially around when I was due to ovulate. Would that delay my period? I've just tested negative now on a home kit.
Thanks

RaRaZ Wed 03-Jul-13 14:48:05

It can, but there's no definites in anything around ttc unfortunately. You could also be pg - some people take weeks to show up on a hpg (I was about 6wks before I did). Wait and see - and try not to stress, I know the wait is horrible!

Queenmarigold Wed 03-Jul-13 14:54:35

I'm regular as clockwork. But have missed 4 periods this year due to stress of having DTs. Test again in a few days.

blueamber Wed 03-Jul-13 15:10:29

Good question! Can stress delay a period, or can it only delay ovulation? So if you ovulate you have to get your period unless you're pregnant?

Raraz, six weeks? So that's two weeks you were waiting for your period? That must have been difficult! Did you feel like you were about to get your period, or did you feel pregnant, or nothing at all? Just curious; I'm only a day late smile

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Wed 03-Jul-13 15:43:34

Stress cannot delay your period, but it can delay ovulation which in turn will make your period "late" when compared to a normal cycle.

When you ovulate a chain reaction of hormones is set in place that can only result in your period or pregnancy.

NewFish Thu 04-Jul-13 07:26:12

Thanks peeps.

I had a incredibly stressful time around my ovulation days and had to deal with some life changing news. I think that may be why. I'm never normally this late. I'll keep you all posted

NewFish Thu 04-Jul-13 22:44:42

another negative test today. still no period sad

NewFish Fri 05-Jul-13 10:58:24

Still no period. one small dot of Brown blood, the size of a piece of rice... don't feel bloated but back aches loads

Charingcrossbun Fri 05-Jul-13 13:07:45

I know how you feel new Fish! I'm afraid I have had this several times. stressful job, late period and bfn but in the back of my mind thinking I must be prey and getting all excited. The best advice I can give is to live healthy, be good and only test once a week (to avoid the madness!) set yourself targets though - I personally am 14 days Lates but negative bfn and no real symptoms. Am living well this week and testing next Saturday....

Charingcrossbun Fri 05-Jul-13 13:12:24

Sorry new fish - I just read back through your posts - was pretty crap of me to compare just the stress my job to your situation. Apologies!

NewFish Thu 11-Jul-13 07:06:08

Finally came on 6 days late. must have been stress. It's never happened before. strange. shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now