Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

When to test???

(4 Posts)
sofarsogood Sat 03-Jun-06 08:21:25

Hi, Im new here, 2nd post!
I was wandering if I could ask about the time of testing for pregnancy.

I have been having what seems to be implantation bleed for about 3 or 4 days now but I tested this morning and it was negative. How many days past ovulation does implantation bleed usually occour? I cant use my CD to gauge when to test as I have on average 2 AF's per year.

Any idea if there is any point testing again in the near future or should I just accept Im not pregnant.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

G x

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 03-Jun-06 08:36:13

SFSG

Is polcycystic ovaries or PCOS an issue with your good self?. I ask this as this can be behind why you are having one two periods a year. If your cycles are this irregular then it will be difficult to conceive perhaps without some medical intervention.

What you are having may not be an implantation bleed at all but a period bleed instead. I would personally not retest if a recent pg test has shown a negative result (also seeing repeated negatives can be very disheartening).

Would suggest you seek medical advice asap re the bleeding and irregular periods. Would also ask for a referral to a gynae in your circumstances as well.

suzi2 Sat 03-Jun-06 16:45:30

I would agree. Get advice on the irregular bleeding. From what I have read, implantation bleeding is usual only a small amount of spotting over a day or so.

However, should you wish to test, if it is implantation you're experiencing then a pg test should give you a positive in about 10-14 days at the latest,

sofarsogood Sun 04-Jun-06 13:39:38

I have been to see a gyne and Ive also been refered for more tests. I have had a scan for PCOS and thats what confirmed I have it. I also had a hysteroscopy but because I have 2 periods a year the lining of thw womb is too thick to see properly. I need to have a bleed then CD2 tests and another hysteroscopy.

Whatever the stuff was only lasted 3 days actually when I thought about it and has now stopped. When I do have a period its really bad and painfull and I had no pain at all so Im keeping my fingers crossed and will test again in 2 weeks. Will actually be good timing as my hen night is in 2 weeks so I will know if I can drink or now.

Thanks for your advice

G x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: