Talk

Advanced search

TTC September + baby

(17 Posts)
Sleepyhoglet Sun 30-Jun-13 19:39:03

I ideally want a baby as soon as poss, but for many reasons not till September. So obviously that means the earliest said baby could be born would be September 2014. So I know that gestation takes 9 months, but how does that work exactly. Eg....I don't want to time it wrong and have a August due date. Would trying in December be too early? I ovulate around the 25 th of each month. Basically anyone who had a September baby, when did you conceive!

mikkii Sun 30-Jun-13 19:53:17

Just remember, the baby doesn't know when it is due. Of my 3 DC, one was 3 days before due date, one 2.5 weeks before, one 4 weeks before, which would have turned your September int Auguest (in our case November into October).

Also, some families tend towards different gestations, one friend's family all give birth at 36 weeks whilst another's ae always 42 weeks. That's quite a margin.

Sleepyhoglet Sun 30-Jun-13 23:30:13

So are the weeks calculated from the ovulation date or the missed period? That's what I can't get my head around. If I were to conceive 25th January that would be pretty safe....?

ThedementedPenguin Sun 30-Jun-13 23:32:46

I had a September baby.

I was due on the 3rd but ds arrived on the 14th.

I conceived around the 13th (ish) of December.

So leaving it until Jan may push you into Oct.

Essexgirlupnorth Sun 30-Jun-13 23:34:25

40 weeks from last period so there is 2 weeks when you are not pregnant. I am due 3rd October and conceived about 11th January but after 16 months TTC so don't expect it to happen when you want it to or your only get disappointed when it doesn't happen.

ThedementedPenguin Sun 30-Jun-13 23:34:38

I'm not 100% sure what way weeks work.

However on pregnancy test I did it said 3+ weeks pregnant, but you need to add 2 weeks. So it meant you are really 5+ weeks.

So going by that you count from conception. So from you miss your period you add 2 weeks. I think

MortifiedAdams Sun 30-Jun-13 23:34:45

Your start date of the pg is the first day of your last period and a pg is generally counted as 40 weeks from that date.

ThedementedPenguin Sun 30-Jun-13 23:36:00

You can tell I was guessing. I'm glad other people know better smile

ELR Sun 30-Jun-13 23:43:05

It's usually 9 months plus one week after first day of last period. So if your last period was on say 15th january baby would be due on October 22nd.

MortifiedAdams Sun 30-Jun-13 23:43:07

Remember though, conception is only something you can aim for. It is never a guarantee. In both pgs though, I fell pregnant the months we DTD every other day (for the whole month, DH was pracrically giddy!)

Sleepyhoglet Sun 30-Jun-13 23:52:18

I know, I know...I like to be hopeful! Thank you so much. Think may well try in December then. I would prefer to have a September -December baby, but having a healthy baby at any time is the aim. I am off the implant contraception and eager to start but keep holding myself back.

RaRaZ Mon 01-Jul-13 10:48:43

If I were you, and it was IMPOSSIBLE/EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to give birth before September, I wouldn't start trying until March - plenty of babies are born three months early, and even more two months early.

eurozammo Mon 01-Jul-13 11:54:20

I also had a preference for a September+ baby. It appeared to work really well, because by the time the malarial drugs from our honeymoon were out of our systems, we could start ttc in December. That was December 2010. We're still trying. Some people get pregnant when they want. Not everyone does. It's something to bear in mind.

As another poster said, some babies come early too, so even if you are lucky enough to conceive straight away and get a September 2014 EDD, the baby could come in August or even July.

Sleepyhoglet Mon 01-Jul-13 18:42:32

Sorry to hear that euro. I know I must sound naive. I am. I am also aware I don't have control over this....but it won't stop me trying! I've planned everything else. Financially and for my job September + is best, but it isn't the end of the world if baby came July/August.

FluffyDavis Mon 01-Jul-13 18:54:35

We wanted a sept+ baby, my last period was 23 Dec 2012 and I have a due date of 23 sept 2013 (I have quite short cycles). We were very lucky to fall straight away though!

Sleepyhoglet Mon 01-Jul-13 20:27:04

Fluffy....so you conceived about 2 weeks after that in early jan?

FluffyDavis Mon 01-Jul-13 21:36:34

Really not sure sorry, will explain.
I'm 100% sure of the last period date as I wrote it down. I used to use a persona monitor for contraception and it usually said I ovulated between day 10-12. My cycle also varies 23-27 days!
confused I roughly worked out when to go for it by using the NHS due date calculator. I should have been due on 29th sept but the date was brought forward at 12w scan, so I must have ovulated early. We had sex every day for a week to make sure so who knows!
Sorry I doubt that helps you, I would go for a date v.late sept and fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now