Talk

Advanced search

Anything in this?? Grandmother and Mother could only conceive one child...

(7 Posts)
jacey2001 Wed 31-May-06 14:45:14

This question probably sounds ridiculous but it's kinda playing on my mind. My Grandparents and parents could only conceive one child. For my grandparents, it was a honeymoon baby so very quick! For my parents, I was conceived after around 18 months. DH and I have only been ttc no.2 for 3 cycles but this sometimes worries me! Anyone experienced anything similar?!!

peachygirl Wed 31-May-06 15:10:25

Hi I haven't heard of this but was told by a family planning nurse when I asked her about something along these lines, 'that you can often see links but it doesn't mean they are there.' HTH

saadia Wed 31-May-06 15:52:21

I don't think it's true, I know of one relative who could only have one child but her daughter has two.

Twiglett Wed 31-May-06 15:56:05

when you're pregnant your hormones get thrown in the air .. when you are no longer pregnant they land any which way .. not necessarily the way they were to begin with

hence there is quite a bit more secondary infertility (ie after having succesfully a child already) than one might think

but it is also easily managed so don't worry

if you conceived quickly first time and still haven't conceived by 6 cycles go see your GP

oh and start to chart now .. first day of period, date of ovulation and when you have sex so you have at least 3 cycles charted and can identify any obvious problem

jacey2001 Wed 31-May-06 20:44:10

Thanks for the replies. It probably is all coincidence as I've never heard anything similar before. I conceived DS on cycle 4 but had really long cycles- up to 58 days!! Hence I think charting stressed me out last time as I was waiting an eternity to ovulate. My cycles are 32-35 days now so better. I wanted to avoid charting but maybe I should give it a go.

decafgirl Wed 31-May-06 20:57:43

My mum's side of the family are all girls does that mean I'm destined to go the same way? My maternal Grandmother had three girls my 2 aunties have 5 girls between them and then there's me and my 2 sisters oh.... and my little brother who was a big surprise! (He's an anomaly to the rule!)

Twiglett Wed 31-May-06 21:00:58

um no cos the bloke determines the sex .. being the carrier of the x and y chromosone

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: