Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Time between ovulation and period

(3 Posts)
fells Mon 29-May-06 21:10:55

Hi everyone!
Should your AF come exactly 14 days after ovualtion or can this vary?

I have just come on today and experienced some mild lower abdominal cramps 17 days ago. Could that have been ovulation happening? This is my first period since having my 10 month old daughter who I am still breast-feeding but only in the mornings.

Not really ttc but keen to keep an eye on my cycle in preparation. Before we conceived dd my cycle was all over the place after 10 years of being on the pill. It took over a year to return to anything like normal after coming off the pill and about 8 months tc in the end. I'm wondering whether it will take as long for my periods to return to normal after breast-feeding as they did after coming off the pill.

Thanks

BonyM Mon 29-May-06 21:13:58

Hi fells. Cycle length can vary from woman to woman , as can number of days between ovulation and period starting.

Not all women can feel ovulation occuring, but if you can it is usually a sort of aching sensation on one side, and towards the back (I always feel it in my right side, but not sure if this is typical).

BonyM Mon 29-May-06 21:15:24

Oh - if you want to work out your cycle, I can recommend a fantastic book - "Taking Charge of your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. Tells you exactly what to look for and how to chart your cycle.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: