Talk

Advanced search

to pee or not to pee

(8 Posts)
barebranches Tue 28-May-13 22:15:25

10 dpo tomorrow.... shall i pee or not!!!

you decide!!

FrankellyMyDearIDontGiveADamn Tue 28-May-13 22:22:24

Too soon. You are far better off waiting another 4/5 days and saving yourself money and potential heartbreak.

I speak from experience, I peed too early and got a faint line. I thought, after almost 3 years of TTC that I had finally succeeded. Unfortunately AF turned up 2 days later, it had been a chemical pregnancy.

I was an utter wreck afterwards and ended up having a counselling session. So please trust me when I say save yourself the potential tears.

barebranches Tue 28-May-13 22:26:16

thanks for the previous experience. didnt even consider that. just sick of waiting, just want to know so i can get ready for next month.

justhayley Tue 28-May-13 22:29:22

What's dpo? blushif I understand the question I may have an answer lol

barebranches Tue 28-May-13 22:30:09

10 days past ovulation.

justhayley Tue 28-May-13 22:56:32

smile thank you - I love mumsnet but there are so many abbreviations I can't keep up.
I would try and wait until you are at least 2 days late. For me it's more disappointing seeing a negative result on a stick than getting my period. Plus you'l save a few pound if you wait then your period comes.

It's so hard waiting. My AF is now 6 days late, and I'm TTC #2, I'm desperate to pee but my periods are always late and I have such an irregular cycle that being up to 2 1/2 weeks late is fairly normal.

Goo Luck
Hope you get your bfp this month smile

moggle Tue 28-May-13 23:01:06

If you won't believe a negative result, then don't do it.
I used to test when I found myself getting my hopes up unreasonably at the end of the month ... a negative would keep it in check a bit but I still didn't really believe it! Now it's been a year and a half and my hopes don't get raised much each month; I prefer to be told the bad news by AF than by another negative test.

Monstamio Wed 29-May-13 07:31:05

JustHayley don't worry... when I first saw dpo I thought it stood for "days past orgasm" [embarrassed] Heehee

Barebranches I think the advice to wait is good if you can. I have POAS four times this month all negative. Currently 2 days late but sure that my obsessing is what is keeping af away rather than it being because I am preggers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now