Talk

Advanced search

My morning temps are all over the place - faulty thermometer?

(10 Posts)
mirai Wed 22-May-13 23:09:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Quodlibet Wed 22-May-13 23:14:53

The only one that counts is the one immediately on waking, after at least 4 hrs sleep. Yes, your temp will vary when you move/take covers off/talk/shower/get up!

The thing with temping is to ignore each individual daily temp. You are looking for a pattern of averages over months. It will take a while before you can see the wood for the trees. Be consistent, take temp at same time every day, log it, then forget it.

mirai Wed 22-May-13 23:28:18

Pinkbeans Wed 22-May-13 23:40:17

Where do you take temp from? Orally is not very reliable. Vaginally is usually best reliable option.

mirai Wed 22-May-13 23:42:24

Quodlibet Thu 23-May-13 06:53:18

You really aren't going to be able to tell what a surge looks like until you've been doing it a few months, temps vary day to day. Try not to become obsessed with what every little thing means, that way madness lies.

mirai Thu 23-May-13 10:00:08

EuroShaggleton Thu 23-May-13 12:07:37

I agree that you need to do it for a few months to see a pattern. And there is no point retaking it. Take it as you awake, record that and wait to see if a pattern develops.

I've never felt the need to stick the thermometer anywhere other than under my tongue and have always got a clear chart, but each to their own. smile

Pinkbeans Thu 23-May-13 12:32:00

Euro I know it's not the nicest thought grin but I had the same problem as OP and asked the same question on here, was advised to take vaginally confused I have to say the idea didn't really grab me but I gave it a go and the results were a lot more consistent.

mirai Thu 23-May-13 15:30:35

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now