Talk

Advanced search

Feel like I can't have another baby even though I want one

(2 Posts)
PopGoesTheStoat Tue 21-May-13 17:04:57

I had a lot of problems during DDs pregnancy, early on bleeding, cervix began thinning at 28 weeks, went into labour at 30 weeks and nearly lost her twice while in NICU. Coupled with severe hyperemesis, throwing up blood, being put on drip 3 times, I really don't know if I could do it again.

It's not so much the pregnancy, but the constant fear of miscarriage and early labour. I know I would spend the entire time terrified of losing the baby, I don't know if I would cope, but I can't imagine DD being an only child forever either.

Has anyone else risked a second after a bad pregnancy with their first, and is it less scary during the pregnancy than thinking about it before?

Tigglettchic Tue 21-May-13 22:23:55

Hi, i dont have the relevant experience but felt u could do with a hand to hold.

could u talk to your gp or health visitor about you worries? there are lots of advances in medicine and they may help this time around

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now