Talk

Advanced search

Very stressed about ttc again

(4 Posts)
Izzy1984 Tue 21-May-13 09:29:15

This is the first time I have contributed as only just joined, so I will try to keep to the point.

I am 29 and had a lovely little girl in 2011 by emcs and initially hoped to ttc again after a year, however developed pnd after 6 months due to financial concerns. I have literally just come off the antidepressants after all this time with a view to ttc #2 but am feeling very tense about it.

I keep googling things convinced that I will have problems conceiving. My first child happened after one try and now that I have tried once and got my period I am feeling anxious. Although I know that is a ridiculously high expectation. I am also worried that because my partner is mid 40's - will this lessen our chances due to possible link between sperm quality and age.

I think most of my fears and concerns are irrational but thought it may be better to reach out to some strangers in the same boat rather than drive my husband insane along with myself!

Thanks x

marryhun Tue 21-May-13 09:39:40

Hello smile I'm new to this forum, too!
I don't want to stress with ttc topic my hubby either. so lets support yourself a bit..
I'm 32 and I've trying for my second baby for almost a year. i'm getting crazy to wait from cycle to cycle for..nothing, still nothing.

Rockchick1984 Tue 21-May-13 09:44:45

Hi, I had my DS in 2011, conceived the one time we had unprotected sex smile We are trying for number 2 and it is taking longer this time. However, everything I've read says this is purely chance, I've got no more or less chance of conceiving quickly than I did when I fell pregnant last time so all you can do is keep your fingers crossed that you're one of the ones who it happens quickly for. Good luck!!

Izzy1984 Tue 21-May-13 11:43:59

Thank you both. Keep in touch and let me know how it goes x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now