Talk

Advanced search

Agnus Castus

(4 Posts)
Natty1806 Tue 23-May-06 13:38:45

Hi

Have just read on the internet that this can regulate you periods - has anyone had any experience with it?

Am waiting for an appointment at fertilty clinic and should imagine i will end on on clomid, if i started taking the above would i have to stop when put on clomid?

Or is it best to wait and see what happens at the hospital? Am starting acupuncture (07.06.06)

thanks in advance.

thirtysomething Tue 23-May-06 13:43:26

i tried it once as had PCOS - it did make periods more regular. Would ask acupuncturist about it though tbh as the jury is out as to how safe it is, and it certainly wouldn't be wise to mix it with clomid!

Hope it all works out for you!

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 23-May-06 14:31:09

Natty

Would steer clear of AC tbh with you.

AC is actually quite powerful stuff and it is a bad idea to self medicate with it (particularly if there are underlying hormonal problems like polycystic ovaries or PCOS for instance as it increases levels of LH. As this is something many PCOSers have an excess of this is the last thing they need).

It can also make hormonal imbalances worse.

If you are given clomid ensure you are monitored whilst on it otherwise you will have no way of knowing whether its working or not. Ideally you will have a diagnosis first off before embarking on any treatment regime.

Natty1806 Tue 23-May-06 14:35:54

Thanks - i think i will not bother with that then.

Don't want to do more harm than good.

Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: