Talk

Advanced search

Increase sex drive after...

(17 Posts)
K8eee Tue 14-May-13 23:12:38

Coming off the poll? Just wondering whether anyone has experienced this? I took my last pill beginning of march and my cycles seem to be sorting themselves out I think, but my god am I a horny little bugger now! I'm sure it's since I've stopped taking the little mite that my body is going back to normal. Dh isn't complaining of course grin and were ttc baby #1!

K8eee Tue 14-May-13 23:12:56

Ergh typo!!! Pill that should be! Sorry hmm

K8eee Wed 15-May-13 07:42:57

Bump

Monstamio Wed 15-May-13 10:08:38

Definitely not just you... I was on microgynon for years and this also happened to me when I came off.

I believe one of the known side effects of the pill is to diminish sex drive, so it sounds like it's just the natural order being restored. Good innit?! grin

K8eee Wed 15-May-13 10:12:00

Yeah I do remember my pill side effects stating that but my god I am surprised I even managed to get a man for the past 5 years!!!

Hubby can't keep up grin he wants the old 'K8eee' to stay away. Glad I'm not the only one!

Monstamio Wed 15-May-13 10:27:14

It's funny how you don't notice the negative effects until they go, isn't it?. And then you have that OH! moment when it dawns on you!

Lowry Wed 15-May-13 10:39:17

Spent 8 years with implant and practically no sex drive. Never occurred to me that the problem was due to contraception.
Not sure i trust any hormonal contraception not to have the same effect.
Can highly recommend coil though. I'm right back on track (with a relieved DH!)

happypinkpanther Wed 15-May-13 10:49:18

I've stopped my mycrogynon last month and I've gone bonkers! At 1st I thought I was just because we were TTC but now way past ovulation and I'm still horny as anything! I've been on the pill for 10 years and never had much sex drive at all- was worrying there was something wrong with our relationship but now I can't get enough! I don't think ill go back on it- has anyone found the coil to be better for maintaining sex drive?

K8eee Wed 15-May-13 11:35:48

Same here! Dh thought I just didn't like sex but my god we managed 3 times in 10 hours grin I'm worrying he'll get bored.

I was under the same impression that it was because were ttc but ad stopped 2 days ago and cm is pretty liquidy (sorry if tmi!) so I'm not sure if I'm ovulating already, but doesn't seem right though. I have no idea when I ovulate anyway. I had a 7 day period and this last one was 4 days grin

VenusRising Wed 15-May-13 11:40:47

Same here, I was on Cileste for my 20s, but unfortunately now I have a higher sex drive than my DH.... We were matched before: He was happy enough with a few times a month, now I'd be happy with everyday.... Interesting that I'm not the only one with this experience.

K8eee Wed 15-May-13 11:43:17

Haha yep I know the feeling Venus. And it takes sod all to get me going too!

VenusRising Wed 15-May-13 14:10:58

Just wait till you're pregnant... Oh boy!

K8eee Wed 15-May-13 14:22:42

Does that mean I'll be gagging for it even more?

K8eee Wed 15-May-13 19:48:34

Or I'll revert to being not up for it...

EuroShaggleton Wed 15-May-13 20:06:03

Completely normal. I am sure the Pill is so effective because you don't feel like shagging while you are on it!

K8eee Wed 15-May-13 20:32:35

Haha Euro I think you're right. CM seems to be next to nothing too, definitely not that way now! smile

C999875 Sun 19-May-13 23:29:16

K8eee. I/we managed 3 times in 6 hours but it was when I was quite a bit younger 21 he was 53. He called me a nyph (sex addict) to which I replied "You're not complaining are you".
I don't know if I can say this but as I am getting older I do find that the "earth moves" more now. xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now