Talk

Advanced search

Taking a sleeping pill around OV/during 2ww

(5 Posts)
RachelW76 Tue 14-May-13 17:25:55

Would you? Is basically my question.

About to starting trying for baby number 2. In a few weeks, I am going on a long-haul business trip and always need to take a couple of sleeping pills when I do this (temazepam) in order to sort out my body clock while I'm over there.

Realistically I will probably only be just ovulating when I go so it's very unlikely I could get pregnant this month anyway, but you never know, if we did it just before, and I was just about to ovulate etc etc.

But it's probably most sensible to just wait to TTC until next month isn't it? Just wondered if anyone knew the rules on drugs like sleeping pills during the 2WW.

MolotovCocktail Tue 14-May-13 21:03:20

I've been in your situation OP, except it was prescription codeine that I needed to take. I never did around ovulation/2ww, just in case.

Probably best to start TTC next month x

Fuckwittery Tue 14-May-13 21:06:26

i took sleeping pills (zoplicone) until i was 6 weeks as i didn't know i was pregnant til then and was concerned, GP reassured me it should be ok, the main worry is taking them in the third trimester making the baby sleepy.

RachelW76 Wed 15-May-13 09:12:49

Thanks both. Am sure it probably is fine but think I will try to be patient and just wait until next month!

BlindKitty Wed 15-May-13 11:03:38

Glad you asked this as travelling back from Thailand on sat and pretty sure I'm going to ovulate then!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now