Talk

Advanced search

Do small prenatal vitamin tablets exist?

(13 Posts)
Wylye Mon 13-May-13 13:31:05

Can anyone suggest any small prenatal vitamin tablets please?

I really struggle to take large pills, and last time around I wasted tons of money on different brands of vitamins only to find when I opened the packet that they were HUGE gurt big horse suppositories pills.
I ended up not taking any (apart from Folic), my MW said it was fine, but this time around I'd prefer to take them.

We're not TTC yet but plan to starting earnest in a few months, I've just come off horrid Nexplanon and my ADs, and am still bfing 2yo DS once a day - I reckon I probably need a couple of months of multivitamins to build my stores back up.

Holland & Barrett do big bottles of teeny tiny folic acid 400mg, so I'll be fine for that, but would love any suggestions of smaller prenatal vitamin pills please!

OffAgain Mon 13-May-13 13:35:40

There is now a bottle of water with vitamins and recommended amount of folic acid in it so no pill needed. I think it is called Water Baby but I don't know where you can buy it just heard some friends talking about it.

mrsbugsywugsy Mon 13-May-13 13:37:18

I have the same problem and couldn't find any. I ended up breaking them in half and eating with a spoonful of yoghurt

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 13-May-13 13:41:06

Not to my knowledge. I ended up just taking the small folic acid tablets and eating a balanced diet. I just couldn't swallow the huge ones - they all seemed to stimulate my gag reflex and made my morning sickness worse. For whilst you're ttc you could just take a regular smaller multivitamin with a small folic acid tablet, then once pg do what I did. If you eat healthily, there's really no need for one of those massive multivitamin pills especially for pregnancy - it's a moneymaker. Folic acid is the important one.

Wylye Mon 13-May-13 13:44:17

www.nutritionalhealthstore.co.uk/health-aid-multivitamin-mineral-a-to-z-30-tablets.html don't look too big... <hopeful>

Gah - it's such a pain. My sister was chatting to me on FaceTime the other week while was taking my array of pills and she couldn't believe the fuss I made! She doesn't even need water to take hers.

Wylye Mon 13-May-13 13:47:21

SugarMice yes, I'll prob end up doing that, thank goodness I managed to find a small folic acid! smile

ScienceGeekGirl Mon 13-May-13 18:52:52

Seven seas ones are tiny. Same size as the pill. I swapped cos I hated the big ones.

studentvera Mon 13-May-13 19:50:59

Is it seven seas trying for a baby? Keen to take a small pill!!wink

ScienceGeekGirl Mon 13-May-13 20:42:56

Yep that's the one

tinkerbellvspredator Mon 13-May-13 21:16:10

Brilliant thanks for posting I was after the same

Beccadugs Mon 13-May-13 23:02:08

You could also try the Floradix tablets (pretty sure they have everything you need) they are round and about the size of a smartie!

Wylye Tue 14-May-13 00:34:24

ScienceGeekGirl Brilliant, thank you! I shall get those exact ones. smile thanks

Becca I've got the Floradix ones, they still make me gag but are waaaaay better than the big ones.

Wylye Wed 15-May-13 18:34:32

I've got them! The Seven Seas ones are tiny, thank you so much.

The pack looks just like a Pill pack and is even marks the days of the week so you know you've taken them! Geeeenius.

Yay! thanks

Project TTC#2 may now commence... smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now