Talk

Advanced search

Struggling to keep smiling - please help

(4 Posts)
LauraSmurf Thu 09-May-13 21:46:25

Some of you might recognise me from buses but I am just finding it all so hard right now.

Background: I was told at age 18 that I would probably not be able to have children because of quite extensive endometriosis. I got married at age 26 and came off birth control straight away, a year later we sought advice on how to optimise fertility. Took supplements , used preseed, took temps and used opk's. We were 10 months into this and starting to fill I the Ivf info for the nhs when I suddenly fell pregnant. I now have a gorgeous 17 month old DD.

Now: we would dearly love another and oddly I have been told that it should be no trouble as my tube are clear and uterus can clearly support a pregnancy. We have been back trying since October, using preseed, supplement s etc like before.

I really thought we had it this month. I had some really early spotting, which I thought was implantation. But my period Arrived today 2 days late. I am devastated. I just want to be pregnant so much. I am so desperate. I pray a hundred times a day "pleas eGod give me a baby, let me be pregnant." I have spent so much time on my knees this week desperate for this to be it. And it's not.

It's so hard and I feel like an ungrateful bitch because I know I am lucky to have a beautiful happy healthy girl. I just want one more. I know that's so selfish, but my heart hurts tonight and I don't know what to do or say to make it all ok.

Thanks for listening. I just needed to say this.

FattyMcChubster Thu 09-May-13 21:54:29

You're not being a selfish bitch, you can't help what you want.
Please try to be more gentle on yourself, don't beat yourself up.
I'm sorry I don't have anything useful to say, just couldn't read and run thanks

LauraSmurf Thu 09-May-13 22:03:54

Thank you. I just keep thinking about things like next Christmas and how I dreamt of being pregnant on my big birthday next month and worrying about how big an age gap my children will have if I don't hurry up. All unnecessary I know but whirl in my mind and emotions.

ParsonsPig Thu 09-May-13 22:48:50

I agree that you need to be less hard on yourself. It knocks you for six when AF arrives and feels a bit like another failure. Having felt this myself we're taking it easy this month and trying to relax. Easier said than done though when all you want is to have a baby. Feels like you have so little control!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now