Talk

Advanced search

Anxious - alcohol month before egg collection

(6 Posts)
OhMyFucksie Thu 09-May-13 08:18:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

keepitgoing Thu 09-May-13 08:28:04

I wouldn't postpone personally, as you still have a month or so till EC. Good luck!

bsmirched Thu 09-May-13 08:44:52

You'll be fine!! You've had those eggs since before you we're born so what you did or didn't do 6 weeks before EC won't make any difference!

SpanielFace Thu 09-May-13 09:07:25

I've not had IVF, but I had an unplanned pregnancy with DS, and had a couple of big nights out drinking fairly heavily before I found out I was pregnant.

According to my MW, alcohol is only a problem to the foetus once the placenta is formed (at about 12weeks pregnant if I remember correctly).

Your eggs have been in your ovaries since before you were born. I can't imagine any alcohol drunk recently would harm them. And it certainly wouldn't affect a foetus that developed from one.

Good luck!

akuabadoll Thu 09-May-13 10:52:00

ohmy I have done two rounds of IVF ICSI, and I like my wine. The first round I was very good though not completely teetotal for two or three months before, as was other half (under my policing). It didn't work out. Then came Christmas and despite the fact that we would likely go again in the New Year, Christmas was a very boozy affair. I just didn't have it in me to be good. Round two was actually earlier then I expected in January, this was the one that worked wink I hope this helps. People put different stock by lifestyle changes and most say 3 months, so if you delay you will likely then think is a month enough? Don't make this your focus is my advice, there are so many factors for success and most out of our control and unclear. Good luck to you.

EuroShaggleton Thu 09-May-13 12:17:56

I've just had a lovely weekend in French wine country, enjoying the local produce wink. We are starting our second round of IVF as soon as my period comes (due about now!). I got a BFP from our first cycle (but miscarried) and had the odd glass throughout the process. It's enormously stressful. I think anything that relaxes you and makes you feel more "normal" while you are going through it is not detrimental. BTW, my mc had nothing to do with the fact that I had had the odd glass of wine, the embryo just didn't develop past a certain stage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now