Talk

Advanced search

Ebay pg tests. The 10mu ones...

(13 Posts)
ttcnumero3 Wed 08-May-13 21:01:01

How soon did you geta +ve from one? Are they really supersensitive? Or do you have to be many weeks pg before they actually work [hopeful]? # clutching at straws

ShowOfHands Wed 08-May-13 21:07:23

8dpo with both pregnancies.

They're v sensitive and should give a reliable answer from the first day of your missed period in most cases but if you're impatient there's also a fair chance of getting a positive result a few days beforehand (though you also risk picking up a chemical pregnancy or getting a false negative if your hcg isn't high enough yet). Reason suggests you test on the first day you miss your period. Desperation tells me that few women manage this. smile

Christelle2207 Wed 08-May-13 21:40:12

i got one about 9 dpo, definitely a few days before I was "due", was fairly faint but there.
I then took another one every two days or so and saw the line get darker, not dramatically but just about noticably.
Hope you get a bfp soon.

ttcnumero3 Wed 08-May-13 21:55:03

Boo!!! Not what I was wanting to hear wink

laalaap Thu 09-May-13 19:31:01

The 'one step' ones gave me false negitives!

EuroShaggleton Thu 09-May-13 19:37:46

12dpo.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Thu 09-May-13 19:41:12

I got a bfp with evening urine 2 days before my period was due.

MrsBri Thu 09-May-13 19:53:09

When you get your positive result will depend on when the egg implants, which is 6-12 dpo. Then it's a couple of / few days after that when you get the positive result.

So one person getting a positive at 8, or even 12, dpo doesn't mean you should too. How many dpo are you?

laalaap Thu 09-May-13 21:48:12

i got my bfp 15dpo i tested everyday as i had a gut feeling , the one step ones showed bfn until i tried first vue and then frer where i got bfp, i suggest wait a few days and maybe try a diffrent test. xx

HadALittleFaithBaby Fri 10-May-13 13:03:58

14dpo. Early testing isn't a great idea though. They are very sensitive but can lead to heart break. I only tested 2 days before AF was due and I spent those two days holding my breath to see if it was a chemical pregnancy! The positive was incredibly faint though.
Have you tested early already then?!

ttcnumero3 Sat 11-May-13 09:24:04

Usually have a 28 day cycle. AF was due on Thursday. I always get a 'forerunner' the day before. Still no forerunner now ; cd31. Don't know dpo.... Bfn again this morning with the cheapo sticks. Had such vivid dreams last night of seeing two lines...! It's on my mind a lot!!

MissMedusa Sat 11-May-13 09:34:13

Tested on 7dpo and got a BFN, tested again 9dpo and got a very faint (really had to look for it) BFP. Tested again for the next 10 days and it got every so slightly darker every day but took to about 14dpo before a non-nutter would probably identify it as a BFP.

If I hadn't known to really look for it, I probably would have thought the first 4 or 5 were BFN.

ttcnumero3 Sat 11-May-13 10:03:16

Ohhh... I've looked again at this mornings stick and there might actually be a very very faint line.... Though I'm sure I read that you shouldn't read them after 10 mins...?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now