Talk

Advanced search

Evaporation line guidance? Come and tell me to pull myself together!

(12 Posts)
agendabender Wed 08-May-13 10:53:15

Yet another one of those threads where the OP has gone back to the test strip after the permitted time and it shows a faint line. I know, I'm ridiculous! But on the internet it seems that evaporation lines should be grey. This one is definitely pink, and about 2mm wide. What do we think? How many ladies have had one like this and not been pregnant? I know, you're all very sensible, through the test in the bin at the allotted time and didn't take it out later to check again

mrsden Wed 08-May-13 11:10:13

I'll let you know in a few hours. I'm waiting for the results from a blood test following ivf. I did a test on Sunday, no line but then when I checked it after an hour there was a faint but definite pink line. Everything I've read online suggests that the result can't be trusted if it wasn't there within 10 mins. I have no symptoms at all so I do expect it to be negative, it is strange though that there was a pink not grey line.

agendabender Wed 08-May-13 11:12:39

I'll wait for your results too, Mrsden !

blondebaby111 Wed 08-May-13 14:08:00

I had this last week and didn't believe it (its been 5 years for us) and we looked at it after the test time too. Don't want to get your hopes up but we spent all of last weekend testing, only cheap tests, every one had another line straight away this time but I didn't believe until I did a clear blue on mon and told me I was 2-3 weeks. A line is a line ...test again tomorrow using first urine of the day, can't wait to hear your result xx

blondebaby111 Wed 08-May-13 14:09:44

Good luck mrsden, can't wait for your result either smile

FingersCrossedLegsNot Wed 08-May-13 15:19:29

This happened me on a tesco cheapie, well after the ten mins. I took another test and again well after the time limit a feint pink line turned up. So the next day I took a first response test and got a definite line within the time frame....unfortunately it was a chemical pregnancy! If I were you I would get a first response test they are very reliable and can pick up small traces of the hcg hormone! Good luck!

mrsden Wed 08-May-13 16:37:17

I'm not pregnant. So in my case the faint pink line must have been an evaporation line. I wish you better luck.
blonde congratulations! We've been trying for 3 years so its nice to hear stories like yours.

blondebaby111 Wed 08-May-13 17:27:28

Thankyou, never give up mrsden and sorry about your news. We were just about to start ivf no 2, we had unexplainned but just recently I got told I had a low egg reserve (36 this year) so I thought we'd never do it naturally, in fact I'd given up all hope. The only thing I did diffrent was for the last 4 months I've been taking low dose aspirin and I had reiki done. Its early days for us so we're not jumping up and down just yet but have daith, your time will come xx

blondebaby111 Thu 09-May-13 13:33:11

Agenda did u retest this morn?? X

agendabender Fri 10-May-13 03:49:33

Just got up to feed DS at 3am and tested again and got a faint positive. definitely a pink line in the right place, straight away. How on earth am I going to go back to sleep?!

EssexWelsh Fri 10-May-13 04:06:45

How exciting! Don't sleep-get you in practise when the next LO comes smile congratulations!

blondebaby111 Fri 10-May-13 10:29:47

Congratulations, how exciting for u xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now