Talk

Advanced search

Help! Novice TTC no2!

(6 Posts)
CourgetteSmuggler Tue 07-May-13 13:30:15

Hi,

DC1 was unplanned, so I have no idea about when is the best time for ovulation etc.

My last AF was on the 30th of May lasting 5 days (the 5th day was so light I didn't even bother with a tampon- does that count?)
My cycles are 29 days long.

You all seem like pros here so wondered if anyone can advise me on when would be the best time to conceive. blush smile

twinklestar2 Tue 07-May-13 22:36:16

I would start dtd cd8/10 and go every other day till cd20. Good luck!

CourgetteSmuggler Wed 08-May-13 12:56:57

hi twinkle, I will give that a go and see hoe we get on. It's quite annoying as I'm not sure how fertile everything is. I'll try not to get too wrapped up in cervical mucus etc!

SpannerPants Wed 08-May-13 13:22:36

I'm in the same position Courgette - trying not to get obsessed but failing miserably so far grin

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 08-May-13 14:18:40

Do not get hung up on possible times of ovulation; that way madness lies. It is hard to self predict ovulation with any real degree of accuracy and "signs" can be wrong.

Generally speaking, if your periods are regular in nature you are more likely to be ovulating regularly but even normally fertile women have the occasional anovulatory cycle.

Would suggest you keep the pressure off yourselves and make love when you both feel like it. Two or three times a week throughout the month is fine.

CourgetteSmuggler Thu 09-May-13 08:40:00

I'm glad I'm not the only one spanner, thanks for your advice meercat are you TTC too?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now